Need help- 15 450F starting

3 replies to this topic
  • krony506

Posted August 27, 2015 - 08:24 AM

Hi all! I hope I can get a little help. I added a Yoshimura full exhaust. When the bike is cold it will start very easy. When I come back in from a practice session and take a 15 to 20 min. break the bike will not start. I have to kick for 5 to 10 min. before it will fire. Do I need to make a change to the ECU for easier starting?

• grayracer513

Posted August 27, 2015 - 08:36 AM

Just for fun, try it with the cold start knob pulled.

(The cold start plunger on the EFI bikes does not make the mixture richer as on the carb models, all it does is add air, as if you slightly opened the throttle)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • krony506

Posted August 27, 2015 - 11:10 AM

Just for fun, try it with the cold start knob pulled.

(The cold start plunger on the EFI bikes does not make the mixture richer as on the carb models, all it does is add air, as if you slightly opened the throttle)

Thanks Gray for responding. I did try that prior to me posting this. That had no effect on the starting. 

• 19Moto

Posted August 27, 2015 - 11:27 AM

How does it run when it does?  How many hours on it?  Good gas?  Fuel filters clean?  

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.