It's a Deer Creek Kinda Thing!

Wow,

I was looking at some YouTube videos from our resident Video Ninja and saw a little Land of Oz.

Now I've ridden Deer Creek a # of times and my rides have all  been in a double track dust bowl.  Then, I rode with a few locals, and it changed my experience completely.  :crazy:  Deer Creek, Hull Creek, Red Dog?????  You pick!!!!!!

Now if I could scare up a guided tour, that 2 hour drive to get there would be well worth it!  ?

My last trip was a BLAST!!!!!!!!  :ride:  I've got a 22 year old son that would LOVE Dear Creek.  He enjoyed this movie a lot!  I'm working out, increasing my cardio, on a diet, but there's nothing I can do about this age thing.  :excuseme:  I really need to ride more.

I'll be your best friend!!!!!!!!  ?

Snap_2013.04.29+05.50.57_002.jpg

Now I realize it's hot & dusty.  But it's that way everywhere.  :prof:  Late September or October may be better?!

I was able to get detail directions to the lower "P" staging area using Google Maps. https://maps.google.com/ Simply putting the GPS coordinates (38.095271, -120.215750) in for my destination in the directions box. No need to download or install anything. It's free & available to anyone on the 'net.

Edited by superslyko

Nice!  ?

The 2 fellas I was looking for are here!!!!!!!

Now, all we gotta do is set a date!!!!!!!!? ? ?

I'm thinking when the dust has died down but before the snow.  Just after the 1st rain would be ideal.  Now remember I'm a weekend warrior!

Stamina, cardio, in-shape, lose weight !!!!!!!!  Yeah, I'm working it!  ?

Edited by superslyko

?

Deer Creek will be a welcome change of pace.  The fact that I have TWO guides to take me through the Land of Oz makes it fantastic!

I'm working out again today.  The Church has new wheel bearings, clutch lever, & brakes.  Ounce of prevention kinda stuff!  ? I need a new back tire but the Cycle Gear tent sale is September 13th in my neighborhood.  Time to stock up.  :thinking:

wizard-of-oz.jpg

• Like 1

Now come on guys............................................ let's not make this all about me again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ?

40 years ago, my Dad once said, "He even looks good striking out!"  ?  It's true, it's true.

Soon we ride!  The biggest ride we ever had was 15 people.   I'm sure we'll get less than that, count on 4 fersure, but we can spread out big time.  The best part is, I have no idea where we are going ?  , last time I even got lost for an hour or so & NoFriends came back for us.  That's huge in my book.  You don't find that often.  (read the 7 steps for just 1 example) On a scale of 1-10, last ride was a 12.   If you know what's what's ..........................................

Edited by superslyko

Dude you are becoming a legend.   Is there a best of thread somewhere around here?

Im so in on this one...

Is your bike still running that hot?  Whos running the camera?

Edited by tighe

Big Picture Time.

This forum is all about the ride.  Finding some buds that enjoy the same thing you do & enjoying their company out on the trail since this can become a very dangerous sport very quickly.

It's not about winning a personality test or being ridiculed by anyone.  Personal attacks belong on the playground since they're done by children.

Enough heavy lifting........................... I'm getting a headache.

Let's ride.   :banana: