Clutch push lever problem plus snapped cable

3 replies to this topic
  • RockerYZWR

Posted August 26, 2015 - 08:41 PM

Edit - there was no problem other than a broken cable and some over thinking on my part. Problem solved. Nothing to see here! (please delete)

Edited by RockerYZWR, August 26, 2015 - 10:35 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 27, 2015 - 04:06 AM

No, I think we should leave this post as a testimony to your brutal honesty and candor.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RockerYZWR

Posted August 27, 2015 - 06:41 AM

You should have seen the page-long initial post - the product of dehydration, an empty stomach, and a pure misunderstanding of how the pull lever moves and disengages the clutch, which all followed a semi-exhaustive internet search for the "problem" I was having...  I sent myself on a wild goose chase.  I went up and took a shower, thought about it, and then went back out and just replaced the cable and what do you know, it works fine.  At least I got to remove my clutch assembly for no reason (I did measure all my friction plates while I was in there everything's in good shape).  Now I'm in search for those little washers to mod the pressure plate before I bolt it all back together today.

• RockerYZWR

Posted August 28, 2015 - 07:47 PM

So we can do another oil thread or something if you guys want.
I use Rotella 15W40 right now. JASO-MA, readily available, and inexpensive - the great moto oil trifecta.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.