back firing bad?

Hey guys. Have a quick question. My 05 drz400s has dyno jets stage 1 kit in it. Stock carb. Has the 3x3 mod as well. Everything else on engine is stock. Well, I decided to install a DG exhaust because it was cheap. Boy, was that a fun experience. Anyways, ever since I installed the exhaust, it back fires like crazy! And it's 2x louder than the actual exhaust!

So what does that sound like? Normal? Need to re-jet? It's just a slip on exhaust. I feel a little bit of an increase in power. Not too much though.

I saw a recent post about back firing but it wasn't exactly related to my issue. Thanks guys for the help in advance. Trying to learn about these machines one step at a time

Could be you have a leak somewhere along your exhaust or your pilot jet is  either too small or a bit dirty. Does it idle ok?

Most likely a leak somewhere along your exhaust most likely where you joined the new one. Tighten your clamp or feel around for air leaks and get some exhaust cement or have your pipe expanded to fit snugger.

Hey guys. Have a quick question. My 05 drz400s has dyno jets stage 1 kit in it. Stock carb. Has the 3x3 mod as well. Everything else on engine is stock. Well, I decided to install a DG exhaust because it was cheap. Boy, was that a fun experience. Anyways, ever since I installed the exhaust, it back fires like crazy! And it's 2x louder than the actual exhaust!

So what does that sound like? Normal? Need to re-jet? It's just a slip on exhaust. I feel a little bit of an increase in power. Not too much though.

I saw a recent post about back firing but it wasn't exactly related to my issue. Thanks guys for the help in advance. Trying to learn about these machines one step at a time

Dynojet stage 1 kit is supposed to be used with stock air intake (no 3x3 mod). I would guess your running lean. Maybe tape off part of the 3x3 and test. I think they have a stage 2 kit for use with 3x3 mod.

Same problem with my D

I'm pretty sure ...90% that is a leak in my exhaust. It didn't quite fit right so I had to use part of my stock exhaust to make it fit. I used many clamps but I still have a leak somewhere. I think I need to take it in to get it professionally looked at.

Weather or not it's good or bad for the bike I do not know, Sorry

Let me know when you did out though haha

Could be you have a leak somewhere along your exhaust or your pilot jet is either too small or a bit dirty. Does it idle ok?

Most likely a leak somewhere along your exhaust most likely where you joined the new one. Tighten your clamp or feel around for air leaks and get some exhaust cement or have your pipe expanded to fit snugger.

When I installed the exhaust, the clamp that was on the stock exhaust didn't fit. I then purchased and installed exhaust cement/putty and then put tape around it.