Died and wont start

5 replies to this topic
  • stevo82

Posted August 22, 2015 - 02:06 AM

Hi, I have a 2003 WR450f that I bought second hand, used it for a couple of months without problems. One day I went through a sharp dip at high speed and instantly felt a power loss, I kept going for another 150m or so then slowed down to almost a stop to go over train tracks but the bike just died and refused to start again. The only thing I've done so far is checked for spark, it does spark but not everytime I kick (electric start doesnt work, gear stripped or something).

I'm handy but no expert. Any ideas what the problem can be?

Would appreciate some help!

Thanks!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 22, 2015 - 05:23 AM

Impossible to tell

I would check simple things first:

- harness

- battery connections

- battery (weak cell would do this)

- all grounds and ground leads in the harness

- float needle (corrosion / stuck)

• stevo82

Posted August 22, 2015 - 05:48 AM

Thanks, helps a lot to have some direction!

Will check those things!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Michael-0202

Posted August 22, 2015 - 11:03 AM

How did you like the wr450 ? Is it worth buying

• stevo82

Posted October 04, 2015 - 02:37 AM

I love it, awesome bike, lots of power and I have no problem with its weight. If I had the money I would go straight to Yamaha and buy a new one!

• Chaconne

Posted October 04, 2015 - 05:13 PM

I love it, awesome bike, lots of power and I have no problem with its weight. If I had the money I would go straight to Yamaha and buy a new one!

Did you figure out what happened as per your original post?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.