Throttle Stop Mod

11 replies to this topic
  • azwr450f

Posted February 24, 2004 - 01:39 PM

I recently purchased a 04 wr 450 and am new to "modification" world, in the past i gassed 'em up and rode. Anyone know any links to photos and desciptions of the wr throttle stop mod. I would like to try to cut the current throttle stop without having to just go to the dealer to buy a yz throttle stop!

• holeshot426

Posted February 24, 2004 - 02:12 PM

You can search for the free mods links. The throttle stop is a screw, you can cut yours but it is only a few bucks from the dealer.

• trailsnail85

Posted February 24, 2004 - 08:24 PM

here is a link to some of them
mod page

• oldbones

Posted February 25, 2004 - 06:10 AM

Try checking out www.thumperfaq.com
You will find very detailed instructions there, but the length mentioned is for the 250. Better check around about the correct length for your 4xx.

Also, try Motoman393's site, it has the goods for the 4XX.
web page

• dez4ever

Posted February 25, 2004 - 08:53 AM

I've researched this same issue a few months ago. If Yamaha would stock the part that would be a no brainer...but they don't. I found from different sources that the amount to cut off varied from about 9mm to 12mm. When I did mine it came out to about 11mm and I've had no problems. Do not just cut off the smooth part of the bolt because this allows the slide to come up too far and will damage the carb when and if you ever take it about.

Just my .02

• RichBaker

Posted February 25, 2004 - 01:38 PM

I've researched this same issue a few months ago. If Yamaha would stock the part that would be a no brainer...but they don't. I found from different sources that the amount to cut off varied from about 9mm to 12mm. When I did mine it came out to about 11mm and I've had no problems. Do not just cut off the smooth part of the bolt because this allows the slide to come up too far and will damage the carb when and if you ever take it about.

Just my .02

The correct length is listed in a service bulletin, just ask your dealer....it's better than guessing or asking your buddy!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • azwr450f

Posted February 27, 2004 - 06:37 AM

• SoCal_Chef

Posted February 29, 2004 - 08:21 PM

I just did my throttle stop and grey wire mods - this might help someone with an '04 WR450....

'04 WR450 mod

• tp3dxf

Posted February 29, 2004 - 11:01 PM

How about just getting a stock YZ throttle stop? Or screw whatever it's called. That is what I did for my O1WR426 no need for all this cutting if its already been done.

• SoCal_Chef

Posted March 01, 2004 - 04:48 PM

How about just getting a stock YZ throttle stop? Or screw whatever it's called. That is what I did for my O1WR426 no need for all this cutting if its already been done.

You're right, you could do that. But, the answer lies in why does anybody do their own mods? To save the money you would have paid the dealer? To save time on waiting on a dealer to stock a part? Or, and most important, to get you in the garage and away from the old lady? :)

• azwr450f

Posted March 03, 2004 - 07:18 AM

You're right, you could do that. But, the answer lies in why does anybody do their own mods? To save the money you would have paid the dealer? To save time on waiting on a dealer to stock a part? Or, and most important, to get you in the garage and away from the old lady? :D

:) to the garage!!!!!

• beezer

Posted March 03, 2004 - 07:22 AM

Words of wisdom.

Its the only place I get left alone.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.