Fork relief valves

3 replies to this topic
  • D-rek07

Posted August 15, 2015 - 07:54 PM

I'm looking to buy some pressure reliefs valves. I really like these (http://www.motorcycl...-micro-bleeders) but they don't have them for the 2014 wr450f. They have them for the 2014 yz450f. Will those fit my bike? I found some turner ones but they are really big.

• RockerYZWR

Posted August 15, 2015 - 08:46 PM

Yep, any M5x0.8 will work in your KYB forks. I have that same set in both of my bikes (same forks) - they are the smallest ones I've found.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • D-rek07

Posted August 15, 2015 - 10:01 PM

Yep, any M5x0.8 will work in your KYB forks. I have that same set in both of my bikes (same forks) - they are the smallest ones I've found.

How have they been working for you? I know there isn't much there but have they held up?

• RockerYZWR

Posted August 16, 2015 - 05:49 AM

They work and have held up fine. You just have to watch when you put them in that you use the right sized screw driver and do not over tighten, because it's aluminum on the top and it'll get pretty thrashed if you're not careful. It doesn't take much to seat the o-ring properly.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.