Has anyone used the Boyesen SuperCooler water pump kit for there 2012-15 WR450?

5 replies to this topic
  • Mcflyz450f

Posted August 14, 2015 - 09:28 PM

Has anyone used the Boyesen SuperCooler water pump kit for there 2012-15 WR450?

I was wondering the cost vs reward on installing it. I wanted some good or bad opinions on it.

If it makes a difference then I can justify installing it.

What was the degree drop? There isn't any issues with it striping or breaking the shaft due to increase water movement?

http://www.boyesen.c...er-kits-40.html

Thanks for the feedback....

I should also say that I do a lot of trail riding in 100% heat so that's why I'm looking to keep my bike cool as possible.

Looked at fan kits but with rad guards I might have to customize my own.

I use engine ice and it has helped.

Edited by Mcflyz450f, August 14, 2015 - 09:36 PM.

• fixitandy

Posted August 14, 2015 - 10:24 PM

Hi mate, I have one on my 07 since 2009, no dramas, most of our riding is done in the warmer months here in Oz, I,also run a product we get here called liquid intelligence (waterless) mine has never boiled even before I changed pumps & coolant, unlike the Euro orange kettles, I often wish I'd bought some Chinese dumplings along on the ride for snacks, yum! Anyway I just like the idea of enhancing my cooling system & therfore increasing my engines life. Cheers Roosta.

• Mcflyz450f

Posted August 15, 2015 - 01:43 PM

I think that I'm going to install one on my bike. I can't find any real negative to installing one. Now I just need to figure out a fan system with rad guards and I will be set as far cooling.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gabex35

Posted August 16, 2015 - 09:11 AM

Just ordered one on Amazon last night. Figured between that, trail tech fan, and engine ice, the bike will be pretty noob proof.

Overheated the bike a few times last season getting whooped by the sand around here.

Edited by Gabex35, August 16, 2015 - 09:11 AM.

• gripitnripittx

Posted August 21, 2015 - 10:53 AM

I ride my '12 WR450F in some pretty slow technical stuff (hills & rock climbs), single track and sand here in North TX in 90 -110 degree heat and had the same issue last year even with using Engine Ice. This year I installed the Boyesen Supercooler which keeps the engine cooler, but the trick to stopping the boil over was changing out the stock 1.1 bar radiator cap for an aftermarket 1.6 bar cap, I bought a Tusk brand for $16 on RMATVMC. No issue with the cooler at all.

Bike runs much cooler and no boil over at all other than when following my two young boys virtually at a turtle's crawl through rough terrain for a while. 

• Mcflyz450f

Posted August 23, 2015 - 08:46 PM

I ride my '12 WR450F in some pretty slow technical stuff (hills & rock climbs), single track and sand here in North TX in 90 -110 degree heat and had the same issue last year even with using Engine Ice. This year I installed the Boyesen Supercooler which keeps the engine cooler, but the trick to stopping the boil over was changing out the stock 1.1 bar radiator cap for an aftermarket 1.6 bar cap, I bought a Tusk brand for $16 on RMATVMC. No issue with the cooler at all.

Bike runs much cooler and no boil over at all other than when following my two young boys virtually at a turtle's crawl through rough terrain for a while. 

Thanks I did this today, so now with a fan kit I should be all good to go. 

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.