Broken headlight

6 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 08, 2001 - 08:54 PM

Didn't realize that after yet another crash on 2001 WR (looking older by the ride) my headlight lense is broken but still working.
Any sugestions??

• marty_mosley

Posted May 09, 2001 - 04:14 PM

SLOW DOWN? :) couldn't help it.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted May 09, 2001 - 04:50 PM

If you're asking for advice on how to fix it, I can't help you there. But if you'd like to prevent it from happening again...Last year I put a rock guard over my front headlight and so far, no broken lens. I drilled 4 holes into the plastic shroud around the light and attached it with four zip ties.

Here's the only picture I have of it (sorry for the grainyness):
Posted Image

[This message has been edited by Rich in Orlando (edited 05-09-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted May 09, 2001 - 08:00 PM

Mike, if you are not riding at night take it off. I was concerned that I would trash mine so I took it off and replaced the whole thing with a number plate. I have noticed in the bike mags lately though that guys like Scott Summers and others leave the assembly but remove the bulb. Good luck! Paul

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 10, 2001 - 01:44 AM

I am a dualsporter, so I need the headlight. It still works. Has anyone tried to replace theirs with an automotive one?

Thanks for the tip Marty, but I can't do it! :)

I like the screen...

[This message has been edited by mike68 (edited 05-10-2001).]

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 10, 2001 - 02:35 AM

1 - make your protective lens cover
2 - slap on the Acerbis dual halogen
setup, with those 2, tiny little 35w
3 - take the light off

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 14, 2001 - 05:31 AM

Rode this weekens, add a broken brake lever and a dented header pipe to the list.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.