06 YZ plastics on a WR450

4 replies to this topic
  • clrems77

Posted August 11, 2015 - 09:05 AM

Im new to the site so please excuse me if this questions been asked a million times. My lack of knowledge (Im a newbie) has only sent me chasing my tail so I figured Id ask here.

I recently purchased an 06 Yamaha WR450. The previous owner gave me a new set of 06 YZ plastics. Ive been told some YZ parts will fit the WR and some wont. By looking at them I cant tell what will and wont work. Can anyone help me here?

Thanks in advance!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 11, 2015 - 11:40 AM

Everything but the tank shrouds fit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clrems77

Posted August 11, 2015 - 12:08 PM

Everything but the tank shrouds fit.

Thanks Krannie. Will they bolt right on or will I need to fabricate some adjustments?

• chu

Posted August 11, 2015 - 12:55 PM

The YZ got the aluminum frame in 06 but the WR didn't until 07.  I don't think the plastic would be compatible.  Not sure.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 11, 2015 - 04:57 PM

The YZ got the aluminum frame in 06 but the WR didn't until 07.  I don't think the plastic would be compatible.  Not sure.

Oh crap you are RIGHT!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.