EFI: FUEL AND IGNITION MAPPING TUTORIAL?

9 replies to this topic
  • flapwick

Posted August 10, 2015 - 06:27 PM

Anybody know where a novice level mechanic can find a tutorial explaining the relation between Fuel/Ignition settings and the effects of those relations? Hopefully in a simple,easy to understand,way.

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.JPG

• yzUSMCf

Posted August 10, 2015 - 07:48 PM

Following

• flapwick

Posted August 10, 2015 - 08:57 PM

I hope there's something to follow. I looked around on the internet,and most of the stuff was about cars and didn't help me at all.Hopefully someone here has a link or can help us out a bit. I know I can just try a bunch of different maps,but I am hoping I can get a basic,general understanding of why the different settings do what they do.

• BGoyins

Posted August 25, 2015 - 05:33 PM

Too bad no info. It could be very educational. Now if you had asked what kind of oil to usr and how often to change it....

• MJP68

Posted August 25, 2015 - 10:06 PM

Anybody know where a novice level mechanic can find a tutorial explaining the relation between Fuel/Ignition settings and the effects of those relations? Hopefully in a simple,easy to understand,way.

There is probably a reason this thread went 2 weeks without any attempt at an answer. Yamaha has a pretty good
tutorial on their Blu Cru website for the GYTR tuner, search that first.

Fuel adjustment numbers + or- are just like making jetting changes on a carb, however the FI ecu will still make automatic adjustments
for temp, elevation ETC while still using your commanded corrections.

Same with ignition, but instead of ONE "fixed" setting you are allowed to + or - several. Again these are just correction factors to the stock
map.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flapwick

Posted August 26, 2015 - 08:51 AM

Apparently,you are either the first person who is aware of that information on their website,or the first person to take the time to pass it on.Thanks,I'll check it out.

• grayracer513

Posted August 26, 2015 - 09:00 AM

Now if you had asked what kind of oil to usr and how often to change it....

tumblr_llvmg60Zid1qz50wvo1_400.jpg

• BGoyins

Posted August 26, 2015 - 11:01 AM

tumblr_llvmg60Zid1qz50wvo1_400.jpg

:thumbsup: OK OK but it did jump start the discussion... sort of.

• yzUSMCf

Posted August 26, 2015 - 04:11 PM

Ooooh your in trouble..

Edited by yzUSMCf, August 26, 2015 - 04:11 PM.

• BGoyins

Posted August 26, 2015 - 04:52 PM

I just revealed the true identity of grayracer... and that's pretty cool.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.