reJet issues 2005 wr450

3 replies to this topic
  • SoCalDirtRider67

Posted August 10, 2015 - 03:42 PM

I just rejetted my 2005 wr450 and it wouldn't start. I ordered the kit from 6sigma on ebay. All that came with the kit was a 170 main and a 55 pilot. I was rather disappointed that the kit had no needle! Anyway, instructions said to install the jets and put the needle on 3rd clip from bottom and air fuel screw 2 turns out.

It wouldn't start until I put the stock pilot back in and 2 1/2 turns fuel screw and I had to pull the hot start in. it still runs rough and needs hot start to start cold or warm. So, since I need to use hot start to start it, would this mean that it's jetted to rich and I need to lean it out or to lean and need to richen? any help would be greatly appreciated.

My mods are: fmf slip on, gray wire cut, air box mod, ais removal.

• SoCalDirtRider67

Posted August 10, 2015 - 06:47 PM

so I turned the air screw so it's half turn out. I have a 170 main and 45 pilot, stock needle is 3rd from top. It runs ok like this but not perfect and no room for adjustment on air screw. my elevation is under 1500 feet. Any ideas on how to get this thing dialed in better? should I be going up on the pilot? needle? Any help would be great. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted August 10, 2015 - 07:37 PM

Those jets are junk

Not flow tested, so they are almost random sizes

Keihin, or JD jets only

You have to start with the idle really low before adjusting the fuel screw, or you will be over comensating for the raised slide position (lean)

Read the FAQ and jetting threads in the WR forum at the top

• SoCalDirtRider67

Posted August 11, 2015 - 03:19 AM

Thanks for the advice Krannie. I think you are right about the jets because I've rejetted many bikes and never had this muchof an issue! I'm just gonna get the JD kit  since it seems to have the best reviews.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.