YZ 450 2011 WHEELS ON A 2014

6 replies to this topic
  • Envisage

Posted August 07, 2015 - 02:24 AM

For memory the front axle is 22mm, but not sure what it is on the 2011, 20 maybe  ?

Anyone know if you can make the 2011 wheels fit the 2014 either by changing bearings, hub internals  etc ?

• zeuszuki

Posted August 07, 2015 - 10:12 PM

For memory the front axle is 22mm, but not sure what it is on the 2011, 20 maybe  ?

Anyone know if you can make the 2011 wheels fit the 2014 either by changing bearings, hub internals  etc ?

Can be done , I have done it and have run them for 2 years without issue. 

Front wheel - You need to source the bearings and machine the 2011 wheel spacer out to 22.2 mm.

Search my article on this on ThumperTalk and post it , I can not for the life of me find it but others on here have.

Rear wheel is a bolt in.

• Envisage

Posted August 08, 2015 - 07:43 PM

Can be done , I have done it and have run them for 2 years without issue. 

Front wheel - You need to source the bearings and machine the 2011 wheel spacer out to 22.2 mm.

Search my article on this on ThumperTalk and post it , I can not for the life of me find it but others on here have.

Rear wheel is a bolt in.

OK, cheers can you remember what you had as the subject ?

By machining the spacer,  you meaning the aluminum spacer that floats in the hub ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zeuszuki

Posted August 09, 2015 - 01:46 PM

OK, cheers can you remember what you had as the subject ?

By machining the spacer,  you meaning the aluminum spacer that floats in the hub ?

Yes, the aluminium spacer that floats in the hub - 22.2mm ID

Bearings - get the verniers out, 2011 OD & 2014 ID

Seals - 2011 OD & 2014 wheel spacer OD as the seal ID #

Hope that makes sense. I would do a measure up but my wheels just do not need pulling down ( packed the bearings with Yamalube grease and have not had to touch them since! ).

• Monk

Posted August 09, 2015 - 02:13 PM

11 front will not bolt on. 20mm vs 22mm. They don't make a bearing in that oddball size for the 20mm hub. The hub itself had changed to accept the larger bearing for the 2014 model. The rear is a direct bolt on...

• zeuszuki

Posted August 09, 2015 - 06:42 PM

11 front will not bolt on. 20mm vs 22mm. They don't make a bearing in that oddball size for the 20mm hub. The hub itself had changed to accept the larger bearing for the 2014 model. The rear is a direct bolt on...

Well you might want to tell my bearing guy who supplied the bearings that fitted straight in, not to mention that I have been running this configuration for 2 years now.

Maybe you can not get them in the US of A but no problems here in little old NZ !

• zeuszuki

Posted August 09, 2015 - 06:58 PM

http://shockcraft.co...kit-enduro.html

Here is a link to the bearings I fitted..... waiting for all the experts to jump in and say they will not hold up blah blah blah , well 2 years of abuse says otherwise.

$30 for the whole conversion made it a cheap swap out.

So 22mm ID , 37mm OD for bearings

37mm OD , 30mm ID for seals.

Dug through some old Pm's I had on another forum.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.