Need help with oil pump.

1 reply to this topic
  • Yamikid2012

Posted August 04, 2015 - 05:03 AM

Hi everyone, I picked up a 99wr400f a few weeks ago. I noticed after changing the oil that it was pumping extremely weak, upon tearing it down I found that the oil pump was destroyed, it looks as though at one point something got wedged in it, the rest of the bike is fine though somehow. My question is how do I get the outer rotor piece out of the case? Can I do it without splitting it, or is there not a chance? A few pictures of the carnage below ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1438693248.398272.jpg ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1438693375.872607.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamikid2012

Posted August 21, 2015 - 09:55 AM

So I realized it was extremely foolish of me to not split the case and check everything else out. While I did that I freshened up the top end and also bought another case since the half were the oil pump resides was chew up on mine along with an oil pump as well. As I was putting everything back together I noticed the outer rotor of the oil pump fits loosely in the case and will spin with inner rotor. I just want to be sure but I believe it's not supposed to spin. Can anyone help me on this?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.