Stuffed up

12 replies to this topic
  • beasty69

Posted August 04, 2015 - 12:13 AM

Ok so I ran my bike checked the oil level and went off doing something else came back for getting to do the dip stick up started it and was covered in oil spewing out the filler... is that normal to have that pressure there? Thanks

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 04, 2015 - 05:02 AM

You don't need to  post in multiple places.

• beasty69

Posted August 04, 2015 - 05:11 PM

Ok then so after I changed the oil and ran it for a bit I killed the motor and waited for about 30 secs to a minute and oil came out the filler pipe? What causes this?

• chu

Posted August 04, 2015 - 05:57 PM

I would guess that there's too much oil in it.  There's probably oil up in the head when you shut it off and then gravity brings it back down and it overflows the oil tank.

• beasty69

Posted August 04, 2015 - 06:23 PM

Yeah I drained it yesterday and only put 1.2 liters back in it
Could anything else be wrong?

• chu

Posted August 04, 2015 - 08:09 PM

Mine only takes 1 liter for an oil and filter change.  Other years might be different.  There's two drain plugs on mine, front one is for the oil tank.  They used to have the oil tank in the frame, never did one of those.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beasty69

Posted August 04, 2015 - 11:45 PM

I have just taken 1 litre of oil out to make it right

• Bowsy450r

Posted August 05, 2015 - 12:19 AM

Wait so are you saying you only have .2L of oil in now

• beasty69

Posted August 05, 2015 - 01:45 AM

Yeah I can only assume that is what is left in it but it's reading full? I don't get it?

• Bowsy450r

Posted August 05, 2015 - 02:01 AM

Mate, I would drain it all and start again, it's the only way you can be sure you have the right oil levels

• beasty69

Posted August 05, 2015 - 02:33 AM

Yeah that's what I'm going to do just waiting on a new oil filter... are reusable stainless mesh any good?

• chu

Posted August 05, 2015 - 03:07 AM

Do you pull both drain plugs?  I think the tank where the dipstick is stays full if you don't pull the front drain plug.  I'm not sure though, I always pull that one first.

• beasty69

Posted August 05, 2015 - 05:01 AM

I only done the front tank after it was warmed up
I drained 2lts of oil
Replaces with 1.2lts of fresh stuff and still over full just after I took a litre back out

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.