EVS Shoulder Brace

4 replies to this topic
  • Victor_Delgadillo

Posted February 22, 2002 - 12:02 PM

Has some of you used the EVS shoulder brace?
Has it worked well? Does it really works?
Any Advice... :)

• Hokie

Posted February 22, 2002 - 01:45 PM

I dislocated my shoulder and bought one for the added support. I used it several times for skiing and twice for moto.

It definitely adds that little extra support that you may be looking for. I don't think that it would prevent another dislocation though. It did make the shoulder feel more stable while it was still weak though. Plus, I think it gave me the added mental strength to start using the shoulder again.

I don't wear it anymore since I have recovered about 95% back to normal.

Let me know if you want more info.

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: Hokie ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Victor_Delgadillo

Posted February 22, 2002 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for the comment, i just order it, i'm going to use it for about 2 or 3 weeks, then if every thing is ok, or have any question i'll contact you.

• Victor_Delgadillo

Posted February 28, 2002 - 12:57 PM

I just got the shoulder brace on monday, i'm wearing it right now, but how tight should be?

did you wear it all day? even at night?

• Hokie

Posted March 01, 2002 - 07:37 AM

Originally posted by Victor Delgadillo:
I just got the shoulder brace on monday, i'm wearing it right now, but how tight should be?

did you wear it all day? even at night?

I only wore mine when I was doing active things, like skiing or riding.

I don't know how bad your shoulder was injured, but if it feels good to wear it, I don't see any harm in weraing it all day. Except, it may reduce your mobility. Even though it hurt, I tried to move my arm around to keep it from getting too tight and losing range of motion. I also did rehab for it at the gym.

However, I don't know about your particular situation and don't want to give out bad/wrong advice.

I adjusted mine so that it gave support, but was not cutting into my arm, or chest. It was pretty comfortable and I forgot I had it on after about 15 minutes of wearing it.

[ March 01, 2002: Message edited by: Hokie ]

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.