04 WR450 - anyone using ASV clutch lever?

No replies to this topic
  • SoCal_Chef

Posted February 23, 2004 - 01:48 PM

I ordered a new clutch lever from ASV ( ASV ) last week through my local dealer. This last weekend when I tried to install the lever, I couldn't get the bolt holes to line-up correctly. I spoke to ASV today and they told me that they don't make a lever that will fit a 04 WR450 due to the tiny switch/sender in the clutch assembly that tells the CDI (??? or maybe something else) that the clutch is either engaged/disengaged.

What's funny about this is that my problems had to do with the machining of the lever itself, not the tiny switch/sender.

Is anyone with an '04 using an ASV clutch lever? Did you have to modify it all? It looks to me that I could solve the problem with a file, but I shouldn't have to if I just spent $65 for a new lever.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.