14 YZ450f with Cycra factory probend CRM

9 replies to this topic
  • mwtrent

Posted August 02, 2015 - 04:51 PM

Looking for some help or guidance anyone can provide on this one please.  I just picked up some hand guards for my 14 YZ and i'm having issues with fitment.  These are the ones I bought: https://www.shopyama...0|20&f=2016|141

I'm having trouble fitting them over my Rental Gen2 Intellilevers (the direct fit versions; not the ones that come with new perches) and if I am able to get them fitted over them using the stand-off washers and sliding the perches inward the hand guard bars stick out so far from the handlebars I can't get the front number plate in place to get the screw in the upper triple clamp.  I'm about ready to give up.

• Dune Ready

Posted August 04, 2015 - 03:08 PM

I had those exact ones on my 2013.  I would assume the bars are basically the same.  the fit pretty easy, so I am having a hard time picturing the issue.  Maybe you could PM with pics?

• mwtrent

Posted August 04, 2015 - 03:23 PM

I had those exact ones on my 2013. I would assume the bars are basically the same. the fit pretty easy, so I am having a hard time picturing the issue. Maybe you could PM with pics?

I can see where it would be hard to picture. Once the hand guards are installed the bar mount hits the brake line retainer on the back of the number plate. If I don't use the spacers from cycra that put the hand guards further forward my levers hit.

I'll try to get some pics.

• Dune Ready

Posted August 04, 2015 - 03:35 PM

I know I had to use the spacer that they sent me

• mwtrent

Posted August 04, 2015 - 03:37 PM

I know I had to use the spacer that they sent me

Yeah, no way around that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mwtrent

Posted August 04, 2015 - 03:41 PM

Yeah, no way around that.

We're your handle bars stock? If my stock bars didn't have the big pad in the middle I could get the bar clamps closer to the center and there wouldn't be interference with the number plate.

• Dune Ready

Posted August 04, 2015 - 03:45 PM

I had the stock bars. I remember what I did now. When I put those on I had a Scott's steering stabalizer. So I didn't use the big pad anymore anyway. Also I trimmed the corner of my number plate so it would clear

• mwtrent

Posted August 04, 2015 - 04:44 PM

I had the stock bars. I remember what I did now. When I put those on I had a Scott's steering stabalizer. So I didn't use the big pad anymore anyway. Also I trimmed the corner of my number plate so it would clear

Cool, thanks. Glad I'm not going crazy.

• barns19

Posted August 10, 2015 - 04:56 AM

same levers, same problem, tried on 3 different handle bars

• mwtrent

Posted August 10, 2015 - 10:43 AM

Very frustrating indeed. I just put on some pro taper fusion bars as well and it's still a no-go.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.