Good deal on an '09?

2 replies to this topic
  • TN Dirt Rider

Posted August 02, 2015 - 03:09 PM

I currently ride an 08 YZ250 2 stroke with 295 big bore. Used to ride an 03 YZ250f. Been thinking about getting a 450 to sit in the garage next to my 2 stroke.

Found an 09 YZ450f, pretty much all stock except has bark busters. Motor never been opened, only suspension has been fork seals. Current owner is 2nd owner, said original owner barely rode it at all. 2nd owner bought it 3 years ago and has put about 25 hours on it. He's asking $2300. From the pics it looks like it's in good shape. So I may go look at it this week.

Sounds like a good deal or not?

I like the idea of staying with Yamaha since the motor and suspension are familiar to me. Having a newer model with EFI would be nice, but I'm used to fiddling with jets so that is not a big deal.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gunner354

Posted August 02, 2015 - 06:15 PM

I currently ride an 08 YZ250 2 stroke with 295 big bore. Used to ride an 03 YZ250f. Been thinking about getting a 450 to sit in the garage next to my 2 stroke.

Found an 09 YZ450f, pretty much all stock except has bark busters. Motor never been opened, only suspension has been fork seals. Current owner is 2nd owner, said original owner barely rode it at all. 2nd owner bought it 3 years ago and has put about 25 hours on it. He's asking $2300. From the pics it looks like it's in good shape. So I may go look at it this week.

Sounds like a good deal or not?

I like the idea of staying with Yamaha since the motor and suspension are familiar to me. Having a newer model with EFI would be nice, but I'm used to fiddling with jets so that is not a big deal.

Sounds like a good deal to me. I had an 09 and loved it. Stock pipe is horrible! Buy a Dr D pipe and an 06 cdi to bring it alive

• Hoosier-Daddy

Posted August 03, 2015 - 09:58 AM

If you don't want it, I would pay that much for it for parts for my 09. I love it. Hard to find anything much cheaper than that around neck of the woods

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.