Atlanta Supercross

4 replies to this topic
  • Peenton

Posted February 22, 2002 - 03:14 AM

Hey guys, I'm going to Atlanta tomorrow morning to the SX race. This is the first SX race for me and my 7 y/o son. I read that the gates open at 12:30pm and the event does'nt start until 7pm. Does it pay to get to the event super early? Is there plenty to keep us entertained until race time? Is practice open to the public? I can't seem to find out any scoop on the daily "goings on". I'm driving my motorhome with lots of MX videos just in-case the day is slow. ANY HELP?

• 98yz

Posted February 22, 2002 - 04:52 AM

Starting at 12:30 is the practices and all day qualifying. You can go in and out of hte dome and the pits and watch your riders practice. It is worth going earlier I think. I will be there also. If you see a guy bout 6'2" camera round his neck with a JMR Power Sports cap on, stop me and introduce yourself. I may also have a THOR Press vest on. Not totally sure bout that one yet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Peenton

Posted February 22, 2002 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for the input. We'll look for you.

• YZFWrench

Posted February 22, 2002 - 01:47 PM

If you don't already have pit passes get 'em free at Ingles grocery store or buy a drink at Subway (pass is on the cup) on your way to the Dome.

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: YZFWrench ]

• John_H

Posted February 22, 2002 - 08:59 PM

That's cool. I'm talking to the girlfriend about hitting a SX race sometime this year. Must be nice to not have to fly to see one.

Poor me. Have a wedding to go to and can't even ride tomorrow. At least the reception's at fancy place.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.