Need Partner/ GlenHelen 6 hour race

6 replies to this topic
  • Encinitas_CA

Posted February 21, 2002 - 07:50 PM

Anybody interested in doing a team race at Glenhelen on March 10? I'm a vet 40+., a good novice, maybe AM. I ride a 400WR. Let me know at

• yzernie

Posted February 21, 2002 - 09:54 PM

How does that work?? Do you share a bike?? Do you swap bikes?? How many to a team??

• meangreen75

Posted February 22, 2002 - 12:37 AM

Also do you need just one person or a three person team allowed? I could be.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_F

Posted February 22, 2002 - 05:29 AM

Ernie and I might be willing to take turns thrashing your bike and boosting your finish position. How many riders per team?

• holeshot

Posted February 22, 2002 - 10:49 PM

The rules are on the Glen Helen website. You can have two bikes - one in impound and one on the track. They don't say how many riders per team, so maybe it's unlimited. I'd guess that any team would have to run in the skill level class of their fastest rider. Of course, there will be many sandbaggers.... :)

I've been considering it (+40 novice - midpack). I posted about last years 6 hour race on DRN, but there were no takers.

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: holeshot ]

• Encinitas_CA

Posted February 22, 2002 - 06:09 PM

You guys are cool. Thrash my bike and I'll do better! Teams of 3 will work, but I'd prefer a two man team, each with his own bike. That way we each get 3 hours of hard riding. For more details, check the web address below under "events...March 10":

• holeshot

Posted February 23, 2002 - 01:44 PM

Craparral has a flyer that says the teams can be 1 to 3 men, 6 teams to make a class, 4 mile course.

3 hours of racing seems a bit much though. It took me an hour to recover from the 1 hr 15 min. Prairie Dog race last year.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.