Leaky carb 03 WR450

3 replies to this topic
  • toten

Posted July 27, 2015 - 05:45 AM

I realized this morning that my carb seems to be losing a little fuel when parked, I think into the engine. When I turn on the petcock I see fuel flow, which shouldn't happen. 

I'm guessing it's the needle, but I could be wrong. Any suggestions on where to pick one up, or what else to replace while I'm in there?? The OEM needle is fairly expensive ($16... a lot for what it is) and in my experience OEM parts take forever to ship. 

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 27, 2015 - 06:36 AM

visually check the needle and seat for wear

you need to polish the cavity the needle valve sits in to remove any corrosion

you might want to buy a petcock rebuild kit too, as they seem to wear out at the same time

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • toten

Posted July 27, 2015 - 07:49 AM

What would you suggest using to polish it?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 27, 2015 - 08:33 AM

Brasso brass polish or similar

Polish the needle body too

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.