Tired of bent bars

15 replies to this topic
  • FOX426

Posted February 21, 2002 - 06:06 PM

Anyone using Demarini Doublewall Platnium handlebars? They are a twinwall that uses stock clamps. What about White Bros. Ti_Bar, Titanium? Are they less likley to bend than Renthals? Are they in the same class as Protapers,Fatbars etc. :)

• txthumper

Posted February 22, 2002 - 11:34 AM

go get you some pro-tapers!!...money well spent..i race x-country and have endoed my bikes more than once...and knock on wood havent bent a pair of tapes yet :) :D

• txthumper

Posted February 22, 2002 - 11:35 AM

go get you some pro-tapers!!...money well spent..i race x-country and have endoed my bikes more than once...and knock on wood havent bent a pair of tapes yet :) :D

• John_Lorenz

Posted February 22, 2002 - 11:45 AM

I got tired of bent bars too, So I welded some
Solid Stanless Steel 10/400 direct to the triple clamps, I have done my best to bend em but they hold up now

• DirtJunkiexxx

Posted February 22, 2002 - 01:45 PM

MY LAST SET OF BARS WERE PRO-TAPERS....excellent bars! Running Renthal Twinwalls now! and they kik some phat a$$! these 2 are the ones I would rec.!
my.02
word! :)

• couly

Posted February 22, 2002 - 05:03 PM

I'm tired of bent bars too! Should you keep spending $70 on 7/8" alum. bars or spend $200+ on
1 & 1/8" bars and a triple clamp? I saw an ad for Azonic Deluxe Wall bars (with a crossbar) that are tapered like a Protaper. They look indestructable. I cant find any info from dealers or the mailorders or even the Azonic website on them. Maybe we just need training wheels.

Couly

• MXOldtimer

Posted February 22, 2002 - 06:21 PM

Originally posted by couly:
I'm tired of bent bars too! Should you keep spending $70 on 7/8" alum. bars or spend $200+ on
1 & 1/8" bars and a triple clamp? I saw an ad for Azonic Deluxe Wall bars (with a crossbar) that are tapered like a Protaper. They look indestructable. I cant find any info from dealers or the mailorders or even the Azonic website on them. Maybe we just need training wheels.

Couly

Screw the big blown up flashy ads, order a set of Pro Tapers ,T-clamps & pad for $190.00 (check the mags)and your problems will be solved.

• Weezer_#_1

Posted February 23, 2002 - 01:53 AM

All that for $190......where at Doug???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • leif

Posted February 23, 2002 - 03:04 AM

I bent a set of pro tapers last year in a hare scramble. Granted I think any bar would have done the same. A very fast, downdhill, offcamber, choppy left turn. Lucky for me, there was water at the bottom to break my fall! I'm going to try a pair of Tags this year. I got a great deal on them so I figured, what the heck. I have always used protapers in the past with great success. I would recommend protapers.

• MXOldtimer

Posted February 23, 2002 - 05:22 PM

Originally posted by Weezer # 1:
All that for $190......where at Doug???

I've seen many ads, one for example is Motorsports outlet Pro Tapers, mounts, T-Clamps & pad for $189.95 plus free shipping

• blbainb

Posted February 23, 2002 - 07:24 PM

I've used the same protapers (USA made!) for 3 years and still going strong. These bars are excellent - extremely durable. I'm more worried about bending the frame than the bars. Before the protapers I'd replace the bars every few rides - very $$$$.

• vznx1w

Posted February 25, 2002 - 05:50 AM

Fox 426,

I've been running the Demarini Double-walls for over a year (and several hard crashes). No problems at all. I was previously buying several sets of Renthals a year and am very happy with the Demarinis. So much so, that I've purchased a set for my son's CR125.

• FOX426

Posted February 25, 2002 - 06:26 AM

Thanks for replies. I am going to give the Demarinis a try.

• John_Lorenz

Posted February 25, 2002 - 01:19 PM

Just stop crashing

• Boit

Posted February 25, 2002 - 10:40 PM

Oversize bars are much stronger than 7/8" bars so any oversize will be an improvement in this category. TAG's are much cheaper than Pro Taper so do the math. Both are excellent choices as well as Renthals. The proper bend is more important when choosing oversize bars. Find a bend that works for you.

• CAL

Posted February 26, 2002 - 03:35 AM

I noticed last night that Baja Designs has Renthal Fatbars on sale for $60.

Boit,
where have you seen Tag's "much cheaper" than Pro Tapers? Everywhere I've checked, they are the same price.??

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.