Help needed 2010 yz450f

6 replies to this topic
  • Bikerboy

Posted July 25, 2015 - 11:05 AM

my bike starts just not quite as it used to (first kick) when it fires up and ridden it splutters at low revs ? Can anyone help me with this ?

• justaskmenicley

Posted July 25, 2015 - 12:28 PM

my bike starts just not quite as it used to (first kick) when it fires up and ridden it splutters at low revs ? Can anyone help me with this ?

jettings off?

• billygildark5007

Posted July 25, 2015 - 01:54 PM

I've had the same issues. Check the easy things first, exhaust leak (I've had the flange on the header crack and not seen until removal) replace crush gasket, check silencer packing, check for intake leak.
Get a tuner and check for any fault codes. Test sensors per the manuel.
If that doesn't work my ultimate fix was to increase the co level to +5. You'll need the oem fi tool not the gytr tuner to do that. Good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dexter42

Posted July 25, 2015 - 08:56 PM

Is it all stock?

• Bikerboy

Posted July 26, 2015 - 03:11 AM

All stock and I do not fix any of my bikes as I'm
Not mechanically minded just leave it to the experts I'm currently looking for somewhere in Manchester or not far or Manchester UK that I can take my bike to and have tested serviced fixed & all the other essentials anyone recommend anywhere ?

• Bikerboy

Posted July 27, 2015 - 01:16 AM

Can anyone suggest the best place for me to take my bike to asap ? And would anyone know why u its spluttering/juddery whilst on a quarter of the throttle but anything more it's ok ?

• Orvis309

Posted July 28, 2015 - 11:59 AM

I'm going to guess valve clearance. Not too many UK guys on here... You're probably best off with your closest yami dealer.

It's FI so the getting isn't off...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.