Black rear fender source help - or YZ rear fender

15 replies to this topic
  • RockerYZWR

Posted July 24, 2015 - 06:12 AM

I've been scouring the interwebs for a couple of days now trying to find a '12 WR450F rear fender in black. UFO makes one, but I'm worried the mold won't be a replica of stock (UFO does some weird things with their plastics sometimes), and the customer service guy there hasn't been very helpful at all.

So does anyone here have the 12+ WR rear fender from UFO?

Does anyone have an 07-11 WR rear fender in black from anyone else?

Does the 06-09 YZ450F work easily on the 07-11 WRs (pretty sure yes).

Thanks for the help, as always.

• chu

Posted July 24, 2015 - 06:51 AM

Polisport makes a black one.  Might have to type in 07-11 WR to get it to come up but it's the same fender.

• RockerYZWR

Posted July 24, 2015 - 08:18 PM

Thanks for the talk-on.
I had looked at Poliport's website, but only at the 12+ WR rear fenders, which is what I wanted for the straighter lines but could not find one in black aside from UFO, which was different and strange looking (not to mention their customer service sucked). Ended up just ordering the '07-11 Polisport fender in black through Motosport.
So all new black and yellow plastics are on the way, graphics are ordered (Dirt Digits is absolutely awesome to work with), and sometime early next month I'll put it all together - going for a Hurricane Hannah black/yellow WR.
I also ordered a Tusk lithium battery for it (original Yuasa just wouldn't die), new Cycra hand guards, and some Pro Taper EVOs and grips and will eventually put a Rekluse in it.
It's going to be cool.

• taddow

Posted July 27, 2015 - 07:33 AM

RockerYZWR,

Let me know how the '07-11 Polisport mounts up. I'm in the same boat - looking for a black rear fender for my '13 WR450F.

Thanks

Thanks for the talk-on.
I had looked at Poliport's website, but only at the 12+ WR rear fenders, which is what I wanted for the straighter lines but could not find one in black aside from UFO, which was different and strange looking (not to mention their customer service sucked). Ended up just ordering the '07-11 Polisport fender in black through Motosport.
So all new black and yellow plastics are on the way, graphics are ordered (Dirt Digits is absolutely awesome to work with), and sometime early next month I'll put it all together - going for a Hurricane Hannah black/yellow WR.
I also ordered a Tusk lithium battery for it (original Yuasa just wouldn't die), new Cycra hand guards, and some Pro Taper EVOs and grips and will eventually put a Rekluse in it.
It's going to be cool.

• RockerYZWR

Posted July 27, 2015 - 10:15 AM

Sure will.

• chu

Posted July 28, 2015 - 07:18 AM

Aftermarket plastic is a little harder to install sometimes.  I just don't tighten any bolts until I have them all started.

• RockerYZWR

Posted July 28, 2015 - 04:38 PM

Yeah I have Acerbis plastic now - it wasn't too bad going on, but that's a good recommendation.

• taddow

Posted September 23, 2015 - 07:38 AM

The white rear fender is growing on me. I might leave it this way.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1443022700.116794.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fixitandy

Posted September 24, 2015 - 02:03 AM

Try Yamaha Australia, we had a black model WRF 07-11

• taddow

Posted September 24, 2015 - 10:01 AM

Try Yamaha Australia, we had a black model WRF 07-11

Thanks FixitAndy,

I own a 2013. Sourcing a black rear fender hasn't worked out so far.

• chu

Posted September 24, 2015 - 11:27 AM

07-11 rear fender is the same part number as the 12 and 15 rear fender.

• RockerYZWR

Posted September 25, 2015 - 01:48 PM

Well, it's not complete, but here's what it looks like.  I am debating putting on the airbox and number plate graphics because I kind of like the look as it is.  The Polisport black rear fender works and fits perfectly.  So I now have a UFO yellow restyled front fender, Acerbis black fork guards, Polisport black radiator shrouds and rear fender, and Cycra handguards.  No brand allegiances here.  I haven't installed the new fork guards yet (because the graphics I got for them are for YZ guards), but they don't have the provisions for the speedo cable like the stock ones do, so I'll likely just secure it with a few small zip ties from the outside with a couple of holes for each one.  I'm pretty happy with it, but this bike is really crying out for some black wheels and some of them fancy black frame covers with the yellow/black scheme.  --Krannie, you have any more black wheels laying around that you want to trade for?

0921151142.jpg0921151142b.jpg

0d6de789-8b1a-4e49-8790-a1078c8e6134.jpg22438bd4-8394-4aea-8ec7-f97d2a434896.jpg

• fixitandy

Posted October 26, 2015 - 08:51 PM

Hey Rocker, lookin' sharp man, curious about the black Polisport rear guard, does it have the provision for the CDI & the screw holes for the rear brake light wiring that runs down the left hand underside? Cheers Andy.

• still2smokin

Posted October 26, 2015 - 09:34 PM

Well, it's not complete, but here's what it looks like.  I am debating putting on the airbox and number plate graphics because I kind of like the look as it is.  The Polisport black rear fender works and fits perfectly.  So I now have a UFO yellow restyled front fender, Acerbis black fork guards, Polisport black radiator shrouds and rear fender, and Cycra handguards.  No brand allegiances here.  I haven't installed the new fork guards yet (because the graphics I got for them are for YZ guards), but they don't have the provisions for the speedo cable like the stock ones do, so I'll likely just secure it with a few small zip ties from the outside with a couple of holes for each one.  I'm pretty happy with it, but this bike is really crying out for some black wheels and some of them fancy black frame covers with the yellow/black scheme.  --Krannie, you have any more black wheels laying around that you want to trade for?

0921151142.jpg0921151142b.jpg

0d6de789-8b1a-4e49-8790-a1078c8e6134.jpg22438bd4-8394-4aea-8ec7-f97d2a434896.jpg

things-that-bounce-thursday-17-gifs-18.g

• YHGEORGE

Posted October 27, 2015 - 10:52 AM

The white rear fender is growing on me. I might leave it this way.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1443022700.116794.jpg

:thumbsup:  The only thing uglier than a black fender is a black fender after a few rides.

• RockerYZWR

Posted November 02, 2015 - 10:31 AM

Hey Rocker, lookin' sharp man, curious about the black Polisport rear guard, does it have the provision for the CDI & the screw holes for the rear brake light wiring that runs down the left hand underside? Cheers Andy.

Hey, thanks a lot! This Polisport does have all the same bits as the factory rear fender - very nice piece of plastic.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.