Water pump coolant seal

No replies to this topic
  • Snow Drift

Posted July 24, 2015 - 04:41 AM

I have coolant leaking out of the weep hole on my 2007 WR450. I understand from doing a search on here that this is most likely the water pump coolant seal that needs replacing. I have some questions about this and wondered if someone could help.

1. My bike appears to have only done approximately 530 miles although I have no way of checking this. If my bike has only done this low mileage is it still possible the seal could have gone from just wear and tear?

2. What makes the seal stop sealing, is it the miles/hours or is it heat build up and time or something else?

3. Is it okay to just replace the coolant seal and leave the bearing and oil seal in place, I don't really want to have to start taking those out if I don't have to in case something gets damaged in the process?

thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.