engine number

Anybody?? Engine number on there is (L405-110124) help would be much appreciated as I think I have Frankenstein bike....don't know what year the motor is or what frame it has. 

original vin is not there. California highway patrol issued the bike a new identification number...on the title it says its a 2013 but I have reason to believe that it is not a 13. This is why I'm looking for the engine year as to  it might also lead to the frame year.

Yeah that's another problem the forks are twin chamber showas not sff that came on the 13....to add to the confusion the forks don't fit in the top triple clamp theres enough gap in the clamp to slip a screwdriver in.

Maybe the top clamp is off a 13 and everything else is 08-12. does the 13 motor have a bolt holding the front sprocket? mine has a circlip holding it in place also what year did the rmz receive mapping couplers?

Maybe the top clamp is off a 13 and everything else is 08-12. does the 13 motor have a bolt holding the front sprocket? mine has a circlip holding it in place also what year did the rmz receive mapping couplers?

13 does have a bolt. Sounds like you have a mess

Total mess I wanna get this project going but not knowing the motor year and frame year is a huge headache! do you know if 08-09 triple clamps are the same as 10-12?

Not certain about 08/09 = 10/12 I do have a brand new set of 2011 OEM clamps that were take offs before bike was rode I would part with

It loOKs like an older engine, 2008 or 2009. I don't think they made many 2010s, and then after that didn't they add couplers and drop the sprocket circlip for a bolt and get rid of the metal cover on the oil drain bolt?

It loOKs like an older engine, 2008 or 2009. I don't think they made many 2010s, and then after that didn't they add couplers and drop the sprocket circlip for a bolt and get rid of the metal cover on the oil drain bolt?

hdr plug 1.jpg

hdr plug 2.jpg

would this be the coupler? behind front number plate

Yeah, that's a coupler. When did they move it? I would check the parts fiche

To when they changed the engine sprocket circlip to a bolt

I think they added the bolt in 2013. also another thing I noticed is on the frame there is a guard on both sides to protect the cases on the stator side it only has one bolt that holds it in place on the 10+ it has two  bolts to hold it on to the frame.