Honda Africa Twin

marquez-pushed-the-new-honda-crf1000l-af

Marquez describes his experience by praising the bike for its sheer power and ability to keep a high speed for a long time, as well as working nicely on bigger roads. He also went on to say how the African Twin - despite the bike looking big and heavy - was impressive on the jumps.

http://www.motorbiketimes.com/news/sport/dakar/marc-marquez-puts-the-new-honda-crf1000l-africa-twin-through-its-paces-$21385812.htm

https://youtu.be/dp2NJMbUyzg

Edited by gnath9

marquez-pushed-the-new-honda-crf1000l-af

Marquez describes his experience by praising the bike for its sheer power and ability to keep a high speed for a long time, as well as working nicely on bigger roads. He also went on to say how the African Twin - despite the bike looking big and heavy - was impressive on the jumps.

http://www.motorbiketimes.com/news/sport/dakar/marc-marquez-puts-the-new-honda-crf1000l-africa-twin-through-its-paces-$21385812.htm

Here's a pic I took of Marquez just getting ready to raise the front end up riding a wheelie coming out of the pit's at the Indianapolis Moto GP this past august.....DSCN7441.JPG

• Like 1

Hey I get ya I've done that a lot with cars. It just doesn't look up to the part of jumping anything... Look at the front fender and that ugly front end ☺ on the other hand it's probably faster than shit and I would buy it anyway haha.

No, you're not the only one, but I've said that before about other bikes and somehow I end up with one in my garage. I don't "think" it will happen this time......unless...... ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now this might be an awesome road bike that can handle some light off road/mild trail fire road type stuff ... unless your a total bad ass in the dirt  ...  ?

2016-honda-vfr1200x.jpg

ORRANCE, CA – October 22, 2015 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Reflecting the growing popularity of the adventure-touring segment, American Honda announced today that the innovative VFR1200X is coming to the U.S. for the 2016 model year. Already extremely popular in Europe, the VFR1200X receives important updates for 2016 and will now be available to American customers, joining the previously announced brand-new 2016 CRF1000L Africa Twin in Honda’s comprehensive adventure lineup. Honda also announced that the NC700X and CB500X receive aggressive new styling for 2016, and that the U.S. debut for all four 2016 Honda adventure models will be at the November 20-22 International Motorcycle Shows stop in Long Beach, California.

“We’re very excited to offer such a well-rounded offering of adventure-touring models in the U.S. for 2016,” said Lee Edmunds, Manager of Motorcycle Marketing Communications at American Honda. “The introduction of the VFR1200X to North America follows on the incredible reception of the Africa Twin. With the NC700X and CB500X also set to get important updates for 2016, Honda has a model to suit the needs of any adventure-touring enthusiast.”

VFR1200X
Now the largest-displacement Honda adventure-touring model, the powerful yet smooth VFR1200X is brand-new for the U.S. market. Well suited to customers who don’t want to sacrifice comfort during long days of two-wheel exploration, often riding two-up, the VFR1200X is powered by a 1,237cc V4 engine and is available with a standard gearbox or Honda’s industry-exclusive six-speed, fully automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT), which has been refined and updated with additional modes; both versions feature Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), combined ABS brakes and shaft drive. The 19- and 17-inch wheels offer capable road-going performance, while the inverted 43mm fork and single-sided swingarm incorporate modern suspension technologies. Other features include a one-hand-adjustable windscreen, handguards and an accessory socket to charge smart phones. An extensive line of Honda Genuine Accessories is offered, including products for storage, rider comfort and customization.

Edited by gnath9

Nope I also think it is hideous.  And while we're at it how about the name?  Africa twin?  terrible. 

Africa Twin is a heritage name that was used for years.  They were built and raced for years in the Paris to Dakar race plus others.  Some people just don't get it.  :excuseme:

Africa-Twin-XRV750-RD04.jpg

cyrilneveu87nxr750js1.jpg

africa-twin-xrv-marathon-1989-enduropro.

• Like 2

Africa Twin is a heritage name that was used for years.  They were built and raced for years in the Paris to Dakar race plus others.  Some people just don't get it.  :excuseme:

The Africa Twin is a well known global legend in history  ... known for its extreme reliability and the ability to cross continents at a record pace ...  :prof:  The new Africa Twin is going to surpass the old one in every way ...  ?

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...