Washougal vehicle search

Cannot imagine a ama venue w/o beer!  :cheers: great planning :smashpc: .. 

I never had to deal with that.. I rem visiting my friend in TN and there are several dry counties.. I had to back track many hours needless to say, felt like I was going in circles in that little state.

and from a state that's famous for moonshine...   JD

when the IQ level dips below a certain number they automatically remove alcohol from stores. Their Moonshine is just a old bucket of water they drink and get beaver fever.

• Like 1

All you have to do is put yourself in the owners of Washougal shoes. Would you want 10,000 plus people coming on to your property and don't care what they brought with them? Would you allow thousands of people to bring in guns, fireworks, glass beer bottles, etc. what ever they wanted to bring to have fun, in your own backyard and be held responsible for everyone's behavior? My friend works for a company that provides security for all kinds of concerts and he could write a book on what people consider "acceptable behavior" on other people's property of course!  

green lasers

The track officials are looking for alcohol, if you think you can hide it in your motorhome or toy hauler you would be WRONG! This ain't they're first rodeo but more like the 35th.

Yep This. ^^^^^.    Its an alcohol thing.

Thanks for all the replies. The alcohol slant makes sense since there's other fine print about no outside alcohol. I'm just not keen on the idea of a search w/o probable cause (something about that Constitution thing I learned about in high school).

We're looking for a good time at the track on Saturday and some good racing. Excited to know TC will be riding again......my boys are big fans of his. I hope everyone stays upright (MM and JB are you listening?) and we get some bar-to-bar racing the full 30+2 (x4).

Safe travels. If you see some dude proned-out by the front gate with taser darts sticking out his back, you'll know I've lipped off a little too much to the deputies about my rights!

• Like 1

I just buy several liters of 7up . Dump contents into the dirt . Refill empty bottles with Absolute Vodka . Replace caps and superglue the small seal ring back to the cap . Party on .

...something about that Constitution thing I learned about in high school...

They still have that?  I thought the Obama administration was lobbying to get it changed or removed? ?

Sorry to contribute to going off topic.  :banghead:

• Like 4

(little voice inside my head)........"do I suck it up and acquiese to a search I know is B S and unconstitutional and go to the race; or do I tell my kids, who have been looking forward to this weekend maybe as much as I have, that we're not going to the race because I think the search is B S and I'm going to stand on my principles by God and Roger De Coster and boycott the race?". Hmmmm, the fact that I'm sitting by a pool in Portland right now waiting impatiently for Saturday morning to get here pretty much says I'm bowing to THE MAN and "The Man"!! :-) However, the good fight continues......

(little voice inside my head)........"do I suck it up and acquiese to a search I know is B S and unconstitutional and go to the race; or do I tell my kids, who have been looking forward to this weekend maybe as much as I have, that we're not going to the race because I think the search is B S and I'm going to stand on my principles by God and Roger De Coster and boycott the race?". Hmmmm, the fact that I'm sitting by a pool in Portland right now waiting impatiently for Saturday morning to get here pretty much says I'm bowing to THE MAN and "The Man"!! :-) However, the good fight continues......

Just drink first, and when the voice starts, tell it to shut the hell up and just enjoy the race. ?

I don't get what is unconstitutional about being searched at a private event. It's private property and they make money selling beer.

milosh, I see your point to a degree but their website said something about a county government ordinance, not just the MX park being paranoid about bootlegged alcohol. Regardless, I've never had my vehicle searched at any event I've been to.....pro sporting events, air shows on Air Force bases, Utah Nats last year at MMP, concerts, you name it.

My family went to Vegas over the weekend of the 4th. Splashed all over the news were warnings about possible terrorist attacks in the US and the heightened security prescence in prominent locations (like, oh, VEGAS!). We rented a car and stayed at the Venetian. We drove to the Bellagio to see a show one night (it was 100 degrees at 10pm....the AC was appreciated). We stood on the sidewalk with thousands and thousands of people on LV Blvd to watch the fireworks over Caesars Palace. And the number of times our car was searched or anyone else's that we could see?..............you guessed it...ZERO!

So yes, if its a government ordinance then I do believe its unconstitutional (being a MX fan isn't probable cause). At the very least its unneccesarily intrusive and a sad statement of where we've slipped as a society. Guess I'll find out Saturday what my self-inflicted angst is all about.