Aftermarket Seat to help lower 2015 WR450F

8 replies to this topic
  • Mcflyz450f

Posted July 20, 2015 - 06:40 PM

I have a 15 WR450f that I want to get a shaved aftermarket seat for it. Is there any good companies out there for this? I don't want to shave my seat as I want to save comfort on it. I would like to get one that lowers the bike and is still a soft ride or softer like a gel insert. 

Always open to opinions on this, I was just informed that if you shave your own it's like riding on the frame.

Thanks for the info, Marty. 

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 20, 2015 - 06:53 PM

Seat Concepts

Guts Racing

Fisher Saddle

ebay generic

...all have finished seats or seat kits

Gel is not a great it displaces too much and causes chafing.

A good quality seat (Seat concepts) will have gradiated foam for good comfort

• Andrew Puetz

Posted July 21, 2015 - 06:02 PM

Not sure but would you be better off getting like a regular comfort seat from seat concepts and lowering the bike?  That would maximize comfort.  Just my $0.02

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 21, 2015 - 07:50 PM

Lowering the bike changes the handing substantially, making the bike less stable, and much less fun.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rah7777777

Posted July 22, 2015 - 07:21 AM

I chopped over 2 inches off my foam and added a 3/4" gel pad from eBay. Low and comfy.

• Chaconne

Posted July 22, 2015 - 11:21 AM

I had a seat done by Fisher for my 2014wr. They lowered it by an inch and widened it just a bit. It is way more comfortable than the stock 2x4. Fisher is pricey but they do great work.

• Mcflyz450f

Posted July 22, 2015 - 12:34 PM

Thanks for the replies, I will check into the seats today.

I didn't realize that about the gel seats, thanks for that.

I have never lowered a bike due to handling issues, I have always just ignored that I can't touch the ground until I fall over lol.

• Chaconne

Posted July 22, 2015 - 05:18 PM

I have never lowered a bike due to handling issues, I have always just ignored that I can't touch the ground until I fall over lol.

Yep same here, lowering links are not worth it. Some extra practice, fitness/weight lifting, and some quick action pre-planning for those difficult situations has always helped me.

• Mcflyz450f

Posted July 22, 2015 - 06:36 PM

Yep same here, lowering links are not worth it. Some extra practice, fitness/weight lifting, and some quick action pre-planning for those difficult situations has always helped me.

I have been riding for over 35 years and done my fair share of racing and I guess the older I get the more I'm looking for comfort. 

Years ago I got a chance to sit on ricky carmichael's bike when he was with honda. He is also a small guy and his bike was custom made for his size (I was told) and when I sat on it I could touch the ground.

If I had the money it would sure be nice to have a dirt bike built just for you.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.