Speedo??

6 replies to this topic
  • TZAR

Posted February 22, 2004 - 09:07 PM

Howzit All!

RE: '04 XR650L

I have removed my OEM speedo, due to my motard setup and wheel size. I race and I want to know my speed/odometer information...etc...

I tried the TrailTech unit (magnet etc..), but this was not working for me.

Does anyone have any other options?

What about a GPS? Are they accurate (speed)? Do they monitor and hold ODO information? What brand and models...

Please advise.

Mahalo,

TZAR :)

• michaeln

Posted February 23, 2004 - 04:53 AM

Howzit All!

RE: '04 XR650L

I have removed my OEM speedo, due to my motard setup and wheel size. I race and I want to know my speed/odometer information...etc...

I tried the TrailTech unit (magnet etc..), but this was not working for me.

Does anyone have any other options?

What about a GPS? Are they accurate (speed)? Do they monitor and hold ODO information? What brand and models...

Please advise.

Mahalo,

TZAR :)

How was the TrailTech not working for you? I have one on my motarded L and it works great. Perhaps working together we can get yours working?

And yes, GPS works great, I have one. I don't have it mounted, but I carried it in my pocket and pulled it out on the freeway to check the accuracy of my TrailTech.

• sunnymex

Posted February 23, 2004 - 07:05 PM

I would highly discourage anyone that is thinking of buying a TrailTech computer. I have had nothing but problems with mine. Actually I have been through three of them, because they keep breaking. The part that breaks on mine is where it slides into its groove to make contact for the readings from the magnet. They are made from plastic and always break in the same place.

If anyone else has figured out how to solve this problem, let me know as I am curious. I am not the only one with problem either. I have heard of 3 other people with the same problems. They do look cool though, but that is the only good thing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TZAR

Posted February 24, 2004 - 10:22 PM

Thanks for all your feedback. I am trying out a Sigma BC1600 Cyclometer for a bicycle. Apparently it reads up to 187mph. Plus its cheap; $30.

I'll post a report shortly.

Mahalo,

TZAR
:)

• TimBrp

Posted February 25, 2004 - 02:50 AM

What about the Endurance model that Bajadesigns carries. You can get a HD aluminum guard for it too.

• sunnymex

Posted February 25, 2004 - 06:05 PM

Tim,

That is the model that I had with the fancy HD holder for it. Don't waste your money.

Let me know if the bike one works? Should be interesting, especially for 30 bucks.

• qadsan

Posted February 25, 2004 - 06:58 PM

I've had great luck with the TrailTech Endurance computers. We've got a half dozen of them on various bikes and never had a problem.

For a lower cost solution, the CatEye Enduro 2 bicycle computers can be purchased on eBay for $10 to $15 and you can mate it with a TraiTech cable or make your own. I could have got by just fine with the CatEye Enduro 2, but the TrailTech offered a little more feature wise and I liked the looks of it better.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.