Vent tube problem?? (uncorking prob...)

24 replies to this topic
  • motometal

Posted February 24, 2004 - 06:06 PM

hey, don't feel bad. I spent 1/2 hour trying to start my sled a few weeks ago, it ran fine until I parked it on a hill, it was low on fuel and wasn't getting any on the hill. Finally yanked the 600 lb. beast down onto level ground and it fired right up. by this time my back was shot. duh!

• FlyByWire

Posted February 24, 2004 - 06:09 PM

Well someone eariler had said "make sure the gas is on" and also something about the tank coming on and off... Never thought about the gas being on the left side of the tank.. lol. Anyways.. cant wait to get out and see (feel) the difference.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • needsprayer

Posted February 24, 2004 - 06:32 PM

:) :D Consider it done.

Now that you are up and running you will love the difference. :D Hold on to your hat. :D

• big t

Posted February 24, 2004 - 09:16 PM

I know you will love the difference. When I first got my bike I spent about 15 minutes trying to start it. Then I turned on the gas. :)

• sunnymex

Posted February 25, 2004 - 05:51 PM

And here I was thinking that you were insulted at my comment of checking the gas petcock....I knew it had to be something stupid like that...next time I will say the same I guess.

Glad to see that you were honest about what it was. Most people would have made something up.

Enjoy the ride...
:) :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.