Metal in the oil

4 replies to this topic
  • brianb

Posted February 22, 2004 - 07:20 PM

I bought a used 01 wr426 this summer from a dealer. The bike had difinitely been used. When I got it, I noticed that it ran extremely hot. On one night ride, I noticed that the head pipe was glowing orange while riding! I had a mechanic check jetting and timing items and he made a few adjustments. Then I went to change the oil and a noticed a lot of metal fragments in the oil filter. Should I dump this piece of s**t, while it still runs? Any imput is welcome. Thanks!!

• 5spoke

Posted February 22, 2004 - 07:33 PM

I bought a used 01 wr426 this summer from a dealer. The bike had difinitely been used. When I got it, I noticed that it ran extremely hot. On one night ride, I noticed that the head pipe was glowing orange while riding! I had a mechanic check jetting and timing items and he made a few adjustments. Then I went to change the oil and a noticed a lot of metal fragments in the oil filter. Should I dump this piece of s**t, while it still runs? Any imput is welcome. Thanks!!

All of the above sounds normal. Welcome, if you do a search you will find these topics have been addressed recently. Check out the WR250 forum, much of the FAQ applies to the 450 as well. Happy reading. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • _Blue_Mule_

Posted February 22, 2004 - 07:34 PM

hows your clutch? i would say its clutch shavings, if so that aint that big of a deal :) :D :D

• Bamster

Posted February 22, 2004 - 07:42 PM

Thats normal.

• 5spoke

Posted February 22, 2004 - 08:23 PM

Get a magnetic drain plug. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.