2006 wr450 high idle

25 replies to this topic
  • exokiler

Posted July 23, 2015 - 02:08 PM

Any one have any tips or a guide on how to get the a-pump linkage in the correct spot again???

Thanks

• WRistheWay

Posted July 23, 2015 - 04:00 PM

Will the throttle rotate enough to where you can get the black linkage piece to clear the carb body and push it back in? Its hard to tell from your pictures, but to me it looks like the spring directly behind that black piece is not installed properly. If i remember correctly the part of the spring that has a straight end should rest on the carb body and the piece with what looks sort of like a hook should go around the black piece. It almost looks as if the ends are swapped to me but I could be wrong on that one. Also from your pictures it is hard to tell but I am wondering if your accelerator pump rod is pushed up all the way into that same black piece.

• exokiler

Posted July 24, 2015 - 09:44 AM

Will the throttle rotate enough to where you can get the black linkage piece to clear the carb body and push it back in? Its hard to tell from your pictures, but to me it looks like the spring directly behind that black piece is not installed properly. If i remember correctly the part of the spring that has a straight end should rest on the carb body and the piece with what looks sort of like a hook should go around the black piece. It almost looks as if the ends are swapped to me but I could be wrong on that one. Also from your pictures it is hard to tell but I am wondering if your accelerator pump rod is pushed up all the way into that same black piece.

The spring and screw behind the black linkage piece wont move back any that's where I am having problems.

And the a-pump rod is not pushed all the way into the same black piece there is at least 1/4" difference.  I have the carb removed from the bike now I got it out finally and will post some pictures after work and to show it better.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • exokiler

Posted July 24, 2015 - 01:14 PM

Here is a few more pictures. The screw and spring are removed but the metal linkage the screw goes into does not move at all not sure why it had to move before?

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150724_150943.jpg
  • 20150724_151004.jpg
  • 20150724_150947.jpg

• WRistheWay

Posted July 24, 2015 - 04:56 PM

Yeah that a-pump rod definitely is not in the black plastic piece all the way as you said. Have you taken off the float bowl yet? If not, try removing it and pulling the rod out then see if the a-pump linkage will move. If not I would say that your a-pump linkage is on the wrong side of the little green cam lobe that is directly behind where you throttle cables attach to the throttle shaft wheel. So with the a-pump rod removed you will have to open the throttle completely and then push the metal linkage towards the engine side of the carb. It will be a little bit of a pain in the ass to get the throttle open by hand but just be patient. If that works then you will need to hold the black plastic piece towards the bottom of the carb and insert the pump rod until it seats fully, it will make a distinct snap when it is in fully. Hope this helps you out.

• exokiler

Posted July 25, 2015 - 08:15 AM

I will try this later today WRistheWay.

Thanks cant wait to get off work hopefully can get it running.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.