02 yz426 question

1 reply to this topic
  • BrapNH

Posted July 17, 2015 - 04:37 PM

Got a question for everybody. I was on vacation and while I was away my buddy took out my Supermoto and attempted to do a burnout at a stoplight in first gear. And having no idea what the hell he was doing my buddy told me he tried to get it spinning in first but never unhook the tire and just basically burned on my clutch. I came home and tried to go out for a ride the other day and realize that when I went to put my bike in first gear it stalled out. I eventually managed to get it going by giving it a whole bunch of throttle while putting it into first gear but obviously something's banged up. I was just wondering because I'm kind of a newbie maintenance wise if anybody knows what he may have done by doing what he did. I have yet to take the clutch cover off and look at the innards but a few people are telling me that he may have warped my shit. So I guess what my question is is asking you guys possibilities of what you think is wrong with it and if it does need a new clutch what is my best option to go with as a replacement. I'm not sure if om is good or I wouldn't even mind going for some sort of performance upgrade but I do not know what the best brand is to go with. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks a lot guys.
-BrapNH

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 18, 2015 - 06:33 AM

Probably just a set of plates burned and warped.  But do yourself a favor: buy genuine Yamaha plates.  You'll be dissatisfied with the bargain brands.

If it got really hot, order a set of replacement springs, too.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.