GYTR Head (2011 YZ 450) Should I get the cams too?

1 reply to this topic
  • JLB943

Posted July 17, 2015 - 12:50 PM

I picked up a GYTR ported head (without cams) a little bit ago and haven't put it in yet. Bike has Hot Cams Builder Series cams in it now. Trying to decide if I should just use the cams I have or get the GYTR cams too..

90% of my riding is on mx tracks.

Will it be enough difference with the GYTR cams to justify the cost.

Any input is appreciated...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Drenmaster

Posted July 17, 2015 - 02:32 PM

Those cams seem to compliment a hi-comp piston more than the gytr head and adds top end power. but if you already have cams for it why not stick with those? atleast try them out and if your not happy get the GYTR stuff.. 

On my '14 i needed to replace my top end as in a new head. So i got the GYTR set up yea its expensive but when it has valves included and all you do is drop it in kind of worth it. ported head and cams.. and added Hi-comp piston. those 3 items changed the bike alot.. did them all at once so not sure how each one affects everything. crazy power too much for me but still manageable. 

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.