Brake light wiring

3 replies to this topic
  • toten

Posted July 16, 2015 - 06:56 AM

I have a 2003 WR450. It's street registered and typically in supermoto form. 

Right now it doesn't have brake lights. I picked up a switch that I think will work with the front master (Brembo master). I have plans for the rear as well, not sure while I'll go with another pressure switch or OEM style. 

Is there wiring already on the bike that I should use for the brake light wiring, or do i get to add everything? Taillight is an Edge and it's set up running all the lighting on DC so even if there should be wiring there may not be...

• mikenash

Posted July 18, 2015 - 01:49 PM

A brake pressure switch and the to leads coming out run one to positive on the battery and one to negative and you should be good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • toten

Posted July 20, 2015 - 06:10 AM

I know how to do the wiring independent of the harness, I was wondering if there was anything in the factory harness that I should use. It sounds like not. 

• mikenash

Posted July 20, 2015 - 04:04 PM

I know how to do the wiring independent of the harness, I was wondering if there was anything in the factory harness that I should use. It sounds like not. 

Correct there is nothing on the factory harness.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.