450 Pipe

5 replies to this topic
  • AkRider

Posted February 22, 2004 - 03:02 PM

I would like to get a new pipe for my 450. I am mostly concerned with taking weight off. I really don't need any more power, but I would sure like a lighter bike. Noise is not an issue up here yet, but I don't want to be any louder then the stocker uncorked. Any suggestions?

• Lowedog

Posted February 22, 2004 - 06:19 PM

I am running the Thunder Alley. It's a lot lighter than stock and it rips! But it is way too loud! If I had it to do over and I am still thinking of doing it, I would buy the FMF-Q pipe.

Lowedog

• Greg_C

Posted February 23, 2004 - 07:56 AM

I bought a never used stock YZ450F pipe for $45 from a Guy on the YZ side of TT it saves about 4 pounds. It is quieter then my FMF power core IV that was on my WR400. You will need to buy they mounting stuff for the pipe around $10.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PIKE

Posted February 23, 2004 - 08:26 AM

I have an FMF Q on my 2003 YZ450F and love it. I believe it is about 1 lb lighter than the stock one.

• AkRider

Posted February 24, 2004 - 04:54 PM

Does any one know what the stock pipe weighs? How about the YZ450's weight? Dealer did not hve a clue :)

• Balcs

Posted February 24, 2004 - 06:34 PM

Get a YZ 450 Pipe off of ebay. I picked up two of them. I put a pro moto billet end cap on one of them and have the other as a spare in case I smash it. It totally increases power accross the entire range. You can get the YZ pipe for easily well under 100 bucks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.