St Joe State Park

6 replies to this topic

Posted February 20, 2002 - 06:04 PM

Just wanted start out by saying, what an awesome site! I bought my first 4 stroke (02 426), I really like it even after 20 years on two strokes. I'm learning a lot by reading this site.
I'm planning a trip down to Farmington to ride in St Joe State Park. I've been there 5 times with my 2 strokes. I'm wondering if I'll have trouble with a decibel level restriction? Is it enforced there? I'd hate to go all the way down there and not be able to ride!

• leif

Posted February 20, 2002 - 06:15 PM

I've never been there. Is it nice? Ever been to Meadow Valley?

Posted February 20, 2002 - 06:21 PM

It's an great place to ride. There's woods trails and lots of whooped out sand areas to lay out moto tracks. It's approximately 1600 or so acres. The people are friendly and it's only like $2 per bike per day to ride.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • leif

Posted February 20, 2002 - 06:23 PM

Can you give me directions?

• leif

Posted February 20, 2002 - 06:30 PM

found info on it.

Might be able to give you some info.

• edareus

Posted February 21, 2002 - 03:38 AM

I ride St. Joe almost every weekend. I have a 99 400 with the stock exhaust and have never been told it is too loud. They did raise the riding fee though, it is now $3 to ride all day. I live about 40 minutes from there.

Posted February 21, 2002 - 04:07 AM

Thanks for the info. The last time I was there, four years ago I didn't recall the park rangers monitoring the noise regulation (on the Missouri State Park website it said that the max db level is 86!). $3 is still a bargain!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.