Trail tech vapour

5 replies to this topic
  • Luv2brap-downunder

Posted July 13, 2015 - 03:36 AM

Hey guys, got everything ready to rock and roll on my 08 450 but the instructions are confusing the hell outa me, when it comes to the speedo.
drilling into the calliper?
Could someone help me out with a couple of photos plzzz!!

Also do I have to leave the stock speedo cable.would look better without is

• chu

Posted July 13, 2015 - 09:35 AM

I put the sensor on the fork guard instead of the caliper bracket.  You can cut the cable off and cap it with the rubber cap they provide or get one of these...   http://www.flatlandr...ter Eliminators

• Luv2brap-downunder

Posted July 16, 2015 - 05:47 AM

How did you calibrate it when it was on the fork guard ? And I'm guessing you put the magnet thingo on aswell

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chu

Posted July 16, 2015 - 07:23 AM

I used the sprocket bolt with the magnet in it.  Umm, rotor bolt I mean.  I just entered the tire size and it worked.  I think there's a calibration procedure if it doesn't pick up the signal right but I didn't need to.

Edited by chu, July 16, 2015 - 03:00 PM.

• DRZ04

Posted July 16, 2015 - 08:54 PM

I personally don't like to destroy a perfectly good part so I would and have taken it off & replaced it with a space like the one from Flatlanders. I had good luck calibrating the speedo by measuring the front wheel and using the math used in the manual. I used it on both a 17" and a 21" front wheel and checked it against my GPS and it was within 1 or 2 mph using that method.

• chu

Posted July 17, 2015 - 04:16 AM

I personally don't like to destroy a perfectly good part so I would and have taken it off & replaced it with a space like the one from Flatlanders.

I hear ya.  But you're probably never going to use it again.  You could probably sell it for what the spacer costs, but it might take a few months.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.