White smoke

By jetted rich you mean too much oil on gas?

Lol, no. "Jetted too rich" means the pilot and/or main jets are too large. Pre-mix ratio (how much oil you're mixing in your gas) has very little to nothing to do with it. First thing you need to do is pull the carburetor off, give it a thorough cleaning, see what jets are in it, and then post all this here.. https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/79-yamaha-2-stroke/  Edit: Nevermind, I see a mod has done that part for you..  ?

The other possibility for a cloud of smoke is a leaking crank seal allowing it to suck in and burn gear case oil.

Edited by OLHILLBILLY
  • Like 2

Ok, the bike is old but hasnt been used, nothing has been changed on it but i did open the right side to change the shift stopper, ill check if I tightened it properly

Hasn't been used...good chance it's the right crank seal like said above.  Might as well replace both bearings & seals while in there.

• Like 1

Exactly what bearing would be replaced with the seal? Seal sits behind the primary gear only way to get to the crank bearing is the split the case. I don't think that needs to be done. It's probably just a seal and you can replace the outer gasket if you want to their not usually bad

Just for gits and shiggles, pull the plug and see if there is any rust or moisture droplets.  I am thinking head gasket/ (o rings).  To me, blue or dark smoke is oil, white is water.  Just my $.02  I wonder if ATF is white or blue smoke???

• Like 1