Reluctantly selling 01 426

9 replies to this topic
  • mxracer553

Posted February 20, 2002 - 05:44 PM

I'm sorry to say due to my second ruptured disk I am forced to sell my true love my 426. I have spent a lot of time and money working on it. It has a big gun exhuast, pro action suspension mods, nickle plated talon hubs and black excel rims. I also have the stock wheels complete with dunlop 739 tires like new. I have applied racing triple clamps and renthal twin walls, Renthal O-ring chain and many renthal sprockets. This bike looks better than new and it runs like Tim Ferry's bike. I am asking $6000 because of the spare rims and misclainous other parts but I am negotiable to a certain extent. Like I said it is breaking my heart to sell it but I do want to be able to play with my children someday. If you are interested please feel free to drop me a line at
Thank you
Kyler Haun

[ February 20, 2002: Message edited by: mxracer553 ]

[ February 21, 2002: Message edited by: mxracer553 ]

• mxracer553

Posted February 20, 2002 - 05:46 PM

I also have a Dr D hot start!

• SoCalWR426

Posted February 20, 2002 - 06:33 PM

Take Heart MXRacer,
I too gave up racing/riding for 6 loooonngg yrs. Had C 4,5,6 fused, disc sectomy(?) C7-T1.. I finally couldnt take it anymore. The little woman bought me a WR426. But no more tracks or doubles for me. You'll be back, just different style of riding!

• mxracer553

Posted February 21, 2002 - 06:38 PM

I would also be willing to sell the complete stock wheels seperate.

• boxsterboy

Posted February 22, 2002 - 08:24 AM

I'm interested in the stock rims. What do you want for them. Sorry but you can sell the stock 739 to someone else. I hated them. I assume you did too.

email me will the price and where your located. Im in Dallas, TX

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 4:20six

Posted February 22, 2002 - 08:47 AM

I saw your bike at the Parts Place...pretty sweet ride. How much would you sell the back rim/wheel for? I landed on a big jagged rock jumping those new big jumps in the back of Berthoud and bent the sh@# out of mine. I've got an '02 426 that I bougght new from Fort Collins Motosprts in November. Sorry to hear of your back. I broke my ankle pretty bad a couple years back and didn't ride for 8 months, that sucked.

• mxracer553

Posted February 22, 2002 - 12:24 PM

the stock one?

• mxracer553

Posted February 22, 2002 - 12:25 PM

I will be working at parts place tomorrow if you want to stop in and chat

• BackwardHick

Posted February 22, 2002 - 03:20 PM

How much for the custom wheels?, I'd guess you'll get no more for the bike with them, so you might as well sell the good ones.

• mxracer553

Posted February 27, 2002 - 06:50 PM

I have close to $1000 dollars in the rims and hubs the hubs are nickle plated magnesium. How does $750 sound?

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.