YZ 450f 2014 Light stator

8 replies to this topic
  • caxuda

Posted July 12, 2015 - 03:49 PM

Hello,

Someone said to me that the yz 450f 2014 can power a motorcycle lighting system with the stock stator

Is it true?

Best regards

• Monk

Posted July 12, 2015 - 04:42 PM

Yes
But the bike has to be running...

• caxuda

Posted July 14, 2015 - 01:48 PM

Yes
But the bike has to be running...

Really!!!!! Are you sure? I saw that you have a yz 2014+ on your profile image. Do you have one?

That is a very important thing for me to choose to buy this bike because I want to ride it on the street.

• Monk

Posted July 14, 2015 - 02:26 PM

Really!!!!! Are you sure? I saw that you have a yz 2014+ on your profile image. Do you have one?
That is a very important thing for me to choose to buy this bike because I want to ride it on the street.

Unless you mount a battery or such the light will not work without the bike running...Mounting a battery could be easy but you need to fabricate a mount.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • caxuda

Posted July 14, 2015 - 02:30 PM

Unless you mount a battery or such the light will not work without the bike running...Mounting a battery could be easy but you need to fabricate a mount.

Yeah, I know that it hasn't battery. I was asking about the stator, beacuase all the older yz until EFi have not a lighting stator.

• Monk

Posted July 14, 2015 - 03:21 PM

Yeah, I know that it hasn't battery. I was asking about the stator, beacuase all the older yz until EFi have not a lighting stator.

No such thing as a lighting stator. The 10-13 models could easily support a headlight. I think available output is around 100w. They can power quite a bit. Our bikes use a capacitor which is meant for weight savings over a battery. The capacitor still recharges. You could mount a battery in place and have no issues...

Older units could power a small LED light but available wattage was small....

Edited by Monk, July 14, 2015 - 03:22 PM.

• caxuda

Posted July 14, 2015 - 03:30 PM

No such thing as a lighting stator. The 10-13 models could easily support a headlight. I think available output is around 100w. They can power quite a bit. Our bikes use a capacitor which is meant for weight savings over a battery. The capacitor still recharges. You could mount a battery in place and have no issues...

Thank you Monk!

What a nice info you gave to me. I think I'll buy a yz from 2014.

• bigbird192

Posted July 15, 2015 - 06:09 AM

No battery on this. Works great.

http://www.pro-motio...nload=ntrs2-176

• grayracer513

Posted July 15, 2015 - 06:13 AM

The EFI YZ450's have an all-DC system, powered by a 140W (I believe) AC magneto.  You can pick up lighting power directly from the red DC+ lead at the rectifier or elsewhere on the bike.  IF you have a very power hungry light, you may want a switch to be able to turn it off, as it could affect the system's ability to run the fuel pump at kicking speeds without a battery on board.  Some of the aftermarket trail lighting outfits offer a plug-in harness the goes between the ECU connector and the ECU and provides a point to connect lights to.

But, the bike isn't ever going to be suitable for any kind of extensive street riding without a lot of modification. 

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.