06 WR450F Electric Start Not Working.... Battery or Other?

1 reply to this topic

Posted July 12, 2015 - 12:24 PM

Hey guys and gals, I bought a 2006 WR450F a few months ago and rode it 3 times and halfway through the last trip the elctric start just stopped working.It worked when I started the ride and when we stopped to take a break halfway through it didn't work. I press the button and it just makes a tick sound and the screen goes very dim like it always used to but it doesn't turn the engine over. Is this the battery that isnt outting out enough power to turn over the engine or is this something in the wiring or the starter or what? I have no clue what to do when it comes to electricity.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dualsportwr450

Posted July 12, 2015 - 12:40 PM

Sounds like the battery.. If you want a awesome replacement I will suffer the shorai. It's expensive but ice been running one on my dualsport wr for over 5 years and no trouble

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.