Theft Insurance

7 replies to this topic
  • RacerX

Posted February 20, 2002 - 05:21 PM

Called Progressive Insurance per other TT posts and got theft insurance for our 2001 YZ250F, 1997 YZ80, and 1992 Z50 for $125 total for 1 year, $100 deductible.

Can't believe all 3 bikes are covered for only $125 a year!

Get it now guys!!!

• zx7king

Posted February 21, 2002 - 02:29 AM

I am happy for you RacerX. Unfortunately for us here in NC, NO company will run theft and fire, not progressive or any of the others. It is some state thing which I dont understand. Oh well, got a big chain on mine :) .

-- Charles

• RacerX

Posted February 21, 2002 - 01:52 PM

zx7king
That sucks, I thought every other state would insure bikes if they do in AZ. I think we are the number one car theft state in the lower 48 - I think it's a border thing...

[ February 21, 2002: Message edited by: RacerX ]

• d_criss

Posted February 21, 2002 - 02:47 PM

Ditto for West Virginia. I have yet to find any insurance, not even Progressive, to cover my bikes. Maybe I just haven't found the right company. How about it, fellow West Virginians. Anyone know how to insure off-road bikes?

Dennis

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 4:20six

Posted February 21, 2002 - 04:16 PM

I called progressive about getting theft/fire for my '02(in colorado), and got nowhere. The quotes I got were above $1000 per year, and the guy I talked to(who sounded 1/4 retarded), said I couldn't get those two without all this other b.s. i don't need like bodily injury, uninsured motorist etc. Also I don't see how my driving history would have any influence on someone stealing my bike or my garage burning down. I don't think he understood what I was asking for, eventhough I repeated it about six times. Anybody in CO. who has theft/fire insurance please tell me how you got it, anf through what company, b/c I'd sleep better at night with insurance on my baby.

• leif

Posted February 21, 2002 - 05:24 PM

Mine are insured in Minnesota through American Family.Somewhere around $175.00 a year. And that is for full coverage.

[ February 21, 2002: Message edited by: leif ]

• ldan

Posted February 21, 2002 - 06:07 PM

Well some good advice I could offer is not to deal with just any insurance agent. I have always riden street bikes in addition to dirt bikes. I always deal with someone who specializes in motorcycles only. Believe it or not, when I added my 01 426, they actually gave me a 2 bike discount and $30.00 back! Go figure. My agent is a Proggresive rep. If you go with a car guy you'll probably get some idiot like the poor guy above from Co.

• edareus

Posted February 22, 2002 - 12:16 PM

First let me say I hate doing other peoples jobs for them. I am trying to get insurance on my 99 400 and can't find anyone to cover it. Homeowners, (nope) car ins, (nope) even the ins. co. I have on my harley won't cover dirt bikes. I tried calling progresive direct and got some 4 year old that didn't understand english so I finally hung up on them. Anyone in MO that has ins. on their bike let me know. I guess they figure that we all have enough money to burn that if they get stolen or burn we can just open our wallets and buy a new one. Sorry had to vent!

P.S. I forgot to add....if you have... dare I say a quad or atv it would be covered on the homeowners! Under property maintanence vehicle. Tell me how I would maintain my property on a Raptor?

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: edareus ]

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.