Race Tech Valves

8 replies to this topic
  • ldan

Posted February 20, 2002 - 05:14 PM

I have been talking to Motoman393 about upgrading my suspension. I'd like to use Race Tech Gold Valves. Anybody have any suggestions for a 225 lb., intermediate, aggressive MotoX rider? I'm thinking 2's, but heard they may be too harsh.

• MX_Tuner

Posted February 21, 2002 - 05:08 AM

Type Two Gold Vlaves will be too harsh.

• Chris_Slade

Posted February 21, 2002 - 07:33 AM

Call race-tech. They should give you a hand on that. With all the shims avalable, there is something probably included in the stock kit that would be perfect.

• motoman393

Posted February 21, 2002 - 12:15 PM

MXTuner,

Ga426owner is in the 210lb range and he runs the CL5 CH2 in the forks right? Oil level @ 90mm? The difference between the type 1 and type 2 valves are the sizes of the ports on the valve right? What stack would you run for a 225lb guy? Idan rides the same local tracks that I do and I am going to help him out on installation. Thanks,

Garrett

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_YZF

Posted February 21, 2002 - 02:01 PM

Garret,

If I'm right type II gold valve are one stage valving stack, better suited to MX/SX use only bike.

• ldan

Posted February 21, 2002 - 05:34 PM

Thanks for the input. I think I've convinced myself to go with the 1's. The last thing I want is another harsh suspenion. The main reason I considered 2's was because basically the only reason I ride is to jump. All that flatland stuff is fine and dandy, but I was born to fly! The last time I went to Splendora, my lower back hurt for a week. To me I think it will be money well spent. I think I may be riding beyond the capabilities of stock suspension. I'll through down the cash and see how it goes. Thanks again for all the input.

• motoman393

Posted February 22, 2002 - 09:58 AM

Idan,

Do you do the big triple at Splendora? Last weekend I cased it, and bounced off the top and landed out in the flat...and I felt in control! My suspension works much better now, I am sure you will be happy! Later,

Garrett

• ldan

Posted February 24, 2002 - 03:56 PM

I've really never been able to get enough speed up to clear it (because of all the bumps they put in) and the landings are just too harsh not to mention trying to keep the bike underneath me. Either I get real bad headshake on the face or on landing. I've been all through the klicker's, it's time to upgrade. Like I said, the last time I was their it kicked my butt! The mind was willing but the body couldn't keep up. I'm going to get things ordered this week, I'll let you know when everything comes in.

• MX_Tuner

Posted February 24, 2002 - 05:39 PM

Sorry for the late reply. I've been off the computer for a few days. I've been either flat on my back or puking my guts out.

Type II's are the version of piston. You can use a single or dual stage stack for either the Type I's or Type II's.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.