XR600 Suspension

3 replies to this topic
  • somekevinguy

Posted February 22, 2004 - 06:43 AM

I have a 94 XR600 and lets just say I weigh more than what the stock springs were made for. I have been riding this thing for 10 years with the stock springs and not knowing any better it seemed fine to me. I was thinking of finaly setting up the suspension for my weight. Should I just go buy new springs or do I need to buy racetech valves too or send it out to have somebody else revalve it? I sure would be nice if I only need to spend under $200 for fork and shock springs pop those babies in there.

• AzMtnThumper

Posted February 22, 2004 - 09:27 AM

I would just try the springs first and see how you like it. I'm thinking of gold valves as the forks aren't very adjustable (no shim stack). I talked to a guy about a revalve awhile back but w/ no shims what do they do??. I'm using 5 wt oil at 120mm (right at the minimim, I weigh 205 w/ gear). I bought my bike used and the fork springs look like eibachs (I think they are a bit shorter) w/ a 25mm preload spacer (just like what is specified for their use at the Race Tech website). It's decent, but the initail portion of the stroke is still kinda harsh on the rocks. TT has the best price on the gold valves that I've seen.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dualndan

Posted February 22, 2004 - 06:39 PM

here's where I got mine. Im 6'5 and 300lb. I got Eibach .47 for the front,and 12.5 for the rear.

http://shop.thumpert...ults.asp?Cat=14

• somekevinguy

Posted February 23, 2004 - 01:52 PM

So you just did springs without any revalving? Does it ride a lot better. What kind of fluid are you using?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.