New Four stroker

8 replies to this topic
  • CaprinacuS

Posted February 20, 2002 - 03:48 PM

got my 02 yz 426 for x-mas and man the things nice. i went from a cr125 which was rock solid and all i had to do was ride it. now im gettin the 4stroke down pat. so were changin the oil and we thought we draind it all, we added the reccomended amount back in and the beast was over flowin. we figured it was because it was kinda warm when we draind it so oil was up in the head too. also- anyone ride a whitebros R4 system? what do you think of it, im lookin into one of them when the time comes for exhaust upgrades. whats the best head pipe from white bros to go with that? some one give me some more info on the BK mod, im into that too. gimme some feedback-

• rwcfrank

Posted February 20, 2002 - 04:25 PM

Since its a dry sump I fill it with about a quart and a half. put in the filler plug run it for a minute then fill it to spec. Otherwise the frame cant hold all of the oil..

• therapture

Posted February 20, 2002 - 04:26 PM

Originally posted by CaprinacuS:
got my 02 yz 426 for x-mas and man the things nice. i went from a cr125 which was rock solid and all i had to do was ride it. now im gettin the 4stroke down pat. so were changin the oil and we thought we draind it all, we added the reccomended amount back in and the beast was over flowin. we figured it was because it was kinda warm when we draind it so oil was up in the head too. also- anyone ride a whitebros R4 system? what do you think of it, im lookin into one of them when the time comes for exhaust upgrades. whats the best head pipe from white bros to go with that? some one give me some more info on the BK mod, im into that too. gimme some feedback-

If you even NEED to ugrade the exhaust, the general consensus is, stock is very very good. Ask Dr. D! Now, having said that, if I was replacing a stock pipe, I would probably go Dr. D's system, because he is a dedicated stroker rider, he KNOWS what works on the 426, and he is supporting Thumpertalk. As a second choice, the Thunder Alley seems to be good...heard many rave reviews about it.

All the other pipes just shift the power around according to what I read from the experts and those that have tried several brands. Me? I ride the stocker, a pipe is NOT going to make the average rider a single fraction of a sec faster. Face it, at amateur speeds, the 426 (and any other open class race 4-stroke) has *plenty* of power. Jet your bike properly, the BK mod actually can give you performance and ridability gains like a decent exhaust, and your bike will rip.

Last two things? And the biggest speed increase?
Set your suspension up properly so the power can actually get to the ground, 100hp won't matter if you can't transfer it to the ground. And get in shape :)

• xtreme165

Posted February 21, 2002 - 06:18 AM

And dont for get to tight up your oil drain plug ask Therapture!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted February 21, 2002 - 09:59 AM

To keep the oil filler from over flowing, add the last 600-700cc's very slowly. The first quart will go in pretty quickly but that last half a quart tends to overflow if you try to pour it in too fast. I still overflow mine on occasion.

• holeshot

Posted February 21, 2002 - 10:50 PM

The oil has to be drained from the engine and the frame. You probably did that, but just in case..... :)

• 426Brent

Posted February 21, 2002 - 10:54 PM

CaprinacuS,
I noticed you're from Richmond. Where do you ride? District 13 racer? Myself and at least h bomb agree that the BK Mod is not needed for the 2002, at least ours didn't anyway. Don't know about the R4, I have a Thunder Alley.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted February 21, 2002 - 11:05 AM

Theraputure I just noticed your spring weights, and I have a question: HOW MUCH DO YOU FREAKIN WEIGH?

• thumper4life

Posted February 21, 2002 - 02:37 PM

we've been through this already! :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.