2012+ F.I. Maps for Colorado

3 replies to this topic
  • chittyrox

Posted July 02, 2015 - 07:06 AM

Hello Fellow WR450F Riders !

I'll be going out to Silverton, Colorado in a couple of weeks.  Bringing my 2012 WR450F, CO currently set at 7.  I have the GYTR tuner and some maps that I like to use.

Wondering what map(s) folks are running out there ?  Any advice would be helpful, as this will be my first trip out to Colorado !

Thanks, in advance !

• WRF-Rowdy

Posted July 02, 2015 - 09:09 AM

Same map & CO value you found useful at lower altitudes.

Please correct my if I'm worng, but the EFI yammies sense absolute MAP and air temp. 

They know when you at hot n' high conditions and will lean accordingly, teh same way

they know from water temp when you'd need cold start enrichment. 

No more adapting the jetting to altitude and temp. That's the whole purpose of EFI.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikenash

Posted July 02, 2015 - 09:13 AM

Hello Fellow WR450F Riders !

I'll be going out to Silverton, Colorado in a couple of weeks.  Bringing my 2012 WR450F, CO currently set at 7.  I have the GYTR tuner and some maps that I like to use.

Wondering what map(s) folks are running out there ?  Any advice would be helpful, as this will be my first trip out to Colorado !

Thanks, in advance !

Oh Colorado!!! well since you have a fuel injected bike you don't have to do anything. I have a 14 (12-15 are all the same) you set it up with the mapping of your choice and run it. I have done the air box mod and FMF slip on and comp ecu and the FMF mapping and mine ran excellent last year at the Colorado 500. Can't wait to go again in August!! Oh don't forget to bring your camera beautiful country. Some of the best views and riding in country. Hope this helps. 

• chittyrox

Posted July 02, 2015 - 09:53 AM

Since this is an open loop system, figured I would ask to make sure I don't miss something.  Much of my research has fallen behind these days and with other bikes in the shop, I don't get to ride her as much as I used to.  Just trying to check some items off of my list and confirm is as well as I can make it !  She's got all the uncorking stuff done, comp ecu, but running the stock exhaust without the ugly peashooter.  Should be getting her 3 gallon tank by next week and install that for 5 days of riding !

I have heard more of the Colorado 500, but will miss that this year.  First time in Colorado so I don't want to overdue it too much !  But once I get this under my belt, next year it's on !!

I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures.  Much thanks fellow riders !!

Edited by chittyrox, July 02, 2015 - 09:58 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.