recall???

7 replies to this topic
  • new2blu

Posted February 21, 2004 - 05:08 PM

Read a current(last weekend)dirt bike, or dirt rider magazine at the book store,and saw a test on the 04 WR450.
In the article it said something about a recall on the 03 WR450.
Has anyone heard anything about this or is it just "magazine hype"?

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 21, 2004 - 05:13 PM

Lying Hype!

• mtrablue

Posted February 21, 2004 - 05:19 PM

i gotta think this is just talking about the t.s.b. from last spring. lapping and loctiting.

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 21, 2004 - 05:21 PM

Yes, I have the article but the TSB that we all are aware of is not a recall! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mtrablue

Posted February 21, 2004 - 05:36 PM

if they do a recall after all we've been through.....i can't even express all the stuff going through my mind!!!!

• basicblues

Posted February 21, 2004 - 06:06 PM

Yeah I read that too, there's just not enough affected units (according to Yamaha) to warrant a recall. I'll be sure and "recall" the way Yamaha handled this issue before my next motorcycle purchase, so the true recall will be how many of us will be repeat Yamaha buyers.

• endurodog

Posted February 21, 2004 - 10:31 PM

Yeah I read that too, there's just not enough affected units (according to Yamaha) to warrant a recall. I'll be sure and "recall" the way Yamaha handled this issue before my next motorcycle purchase, so the true recall will be how many of us will be repeat Yamaha buyers

Not enought units? Damn that bites, all it takes is a few units and there are more than a few. I do know that I will be looking long and hard at some other makes for my next bike purchase. I have been a Yamaha fan since 97 buying 7 Yamaha bikes since then 6 dirt bikes and 1 street. I guess they consider that an acceptable loss since there are not "enough" bikes to warrant a recall. Damn I'm sounding like Alabama Rider now.

• timvv51

Posted February 22, 2004 - 02:58 AM

Ditto

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.